Wiki Posts
Search

Lake Ashi Ryokan Recommendation Needed

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2012, 3:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, MIleagePlus, Skywards
Lake Ashi Ryokan Recommendation Needed

Anyone have a ryokan to recommend on Lake Ashi? Really hoping for a great view of the lake and possibly a peak of Mt. Fuji (but the room need not have Mt. Fuji view) but I prefer to have a guaranteed view of the lake then a maybe view of Mt. Fuji.

We are just staying one night and would love a good Ryokan experience for the night. Even if expensive, that could be okay as it's only one night. Plus we will have our 9 month old with us so we might appreciate a Western style room the other nights of our trip. Dinner in the room would be great, if possible.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 5:51 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Posted on the other thread, but if you want a really nice ryokan experience go for Gora Kadan. If the view of the Lake is more important, you could stay at the Prince Hotel.

If price is not an issue, I'd pick Gora in a heartbeat. You can take the ropeway down to the lake and then the boat, etc.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 5khours
Posted on the other thread, but if you want a really nice ryokan experience go for Gora Kadan. If the view of the Lake is more important, you could stay at the Prince Hotel.
I'm shocked that you didn't recommend that the OP give up on Hakone and just stay in Roppongi, where the action is.

Seriously, for something with a Japanese feel and Western convenience near Lake Ashi, the Ryuguden might be what you're looking for.

http://www.princehotels.com/en/ryuguden/
Old Mar 12, 2012, 1:04 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by hailstorm
I'm shocked that you didn't recommend that the OP give up on Hakone and just stay in Roppongi, where the action is.

Seriously, for something with a Japanese feel and Western convenience near Lake Ashi, the Ryuguden might be what you're looking for.

http://www.princehotels.com/en/ryuguden/
Hailstorm,
I can't believe you don't like Roppongi.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 6:35 am
Original Poster

I have to call back to Gora Kadan in the morning when the reservations staff is available. I tried Hakone Ginyu but they are fully booked for my date

I am using the Ryokan Collection website which has some awesome looking places. Sure, not a less expensive, possibly more traditional or family feel sort of place but I think they might be a great treat for a night.

I will ring Gora Kadan in the morning and hope for an available room.

Anyone else out there with a great experience somewhere?
Old Mar 13, 2012, 3:47 am
Original Poster

Gora Kadan has many rooms available.... Now to just figure out which one we prefer.

What room have you stayed in?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.