Curry House CoCo Ichibanya Multilingual Menu Now Online

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Curry House CoCo Ichibanya Multilingual Menu Now Online

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2010, 6:01 am

Location: KEWR / SPG Plat, HH Diamond, DL Plat, ZE 5*, AA Plat, UA Nobody
I was reading their news page a few weeks ago and they mentioned expansion to mainland USA. Said their hq would be in LA so I imagine that would be their first location. In my limited Japanese, it seemed that the first store would open within relatively short order and there were plans for several handfuls of locations in 5-10 years. That multilingual menu will do well in the US - outside of Hawaii.

I think I need to go on a diet now to prepare for several 5000 cal meals of coco deliciousness.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 6:10 am

Just looked at the site again and here is the report for those more talented than I

http://www.ichibanya.co.jp/comp/ir/r...pdf/211019.pdf

Established Oct 09 in LA

Look to open first store summer 2010 (WHEN?!?!?!?!? WHERE!?!?!?!?! MY GOD COCO GODS WE ARE WAITING!!!)

80% owned by coco. 20 stores in 5 years.....if they do their marketing and demographics correctly, those 20 stores will be 1 mile apart on my route to work and hence would be extremely profitable.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 7:44 am

I'm a new and enthusiastic fan of CoCo! I've been working long days in a shipyard in Kobe and the one around the corner from my hotel in Sannomiya is an easy choice for those nights when I'm too tired to search out anything else. Curry, a salad, and iced tea make for a quick and satisfying meal.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 8:58 am

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Originally Posted by rts123
... for those nights when I'm too tired to search out anything else. Curry, a salad, and iced tea make for a quick and satisfying meal.
I hear ya. If you get the largest portion of rice, it can serve as a comfortable pillow too.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: meltdowngraded from "F" and "C" , Accor Plt, BW Dia, ihg G, UA 0.9999MM
Watching youtube videos, I was surprised to find liking for COCO is not limited to FlyerTalkers. An American man talks about his experience about COCO curry for eight minutes.

Youtube Video No Curry For You!
--"The US Government turned something that I was looking forward to into something depressing."

Logically speaking, this man could be a FlyerTalker, could be kcvt750 or..
Old Dec 17, 2010, 4:29 pm

Programs: WWMFD
Originally Posted by O Sora
Logically speaking, this man could be a FlyerTalker, could be kcvt750 or..
Let me assure you that it's NOT me.

YouTube has banned my videos because I'm so good-looking that their servers can't handle the masses of viewers.

ETA:

OMDG. Just opened the link. THAT dude must have eaten the entire menu.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kcvt750

OMDG. Just opened the link. THAT dude must have eaten the entire menu.
I always wondered why so many of those food eating champions were so thin ? I guess they didn't practice at CoCo !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkqpFZ4Yqr0&feature=fvw

Last edited by Q Shoe Guy; Dec 17, 2010 at 5:07 pm
Old Dec 18, 2010, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: meltdowngraded from "F" and "C" , Accor Plt, BW Dia, ihg G, UA 0.9999MM
Nooo. This is not the Coco Curry which we like.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by O Sora
Nooo. This is not the Coco Curry which we like.
Well there seems to be someone that likes it this way!
Old Jan 1, 2011, 8:21 am

Programs: MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
CoCo Ichibanya is my favorite Japanese-style curry in the world! I topped off a week of curry every day a couple years back with SPICE LEVEL 10 on the seventh day. Now, I'm retired to spice level 2...

This hear when I had my brother visit me, I had to work a few of the days, so he'd hang out at my apartment. So three days in a row he had CoCo for lunch...his favorite, too! I even brought back a bunch of CoCo microwave curry for X-Mas!
Old Feb 17, 2011, 10:46 pm

In answer to the ageless question, yes there is a God...........

http://www.yelp.com/biz/coco-ichiban...house-torrance

....and my prayers have been answered. I can die happy now....well....once I get to Torrance.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by DLSIZE

....and my prayers have been answered. I can die happy now....well....once I get to Torrance.
You have made me very happy with this news...I got my first taste of CoCo last month and Mrs VWG and I are headed to Tokyo on the 1st and shes tired of my raving about this place. I think I will sneak her here this weekend and see if she will be as big of a fan as I am.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by DLSIZE

While I'm happy to see the expansion, the Torrance interior looks like a cross between McD's and Johnny Rockets. Bah!
Old Feb 18, 2011, 9:41 pm
mjm
Original Member

Originally Posted by kcvt750
While I'm happy to see the expansion, the Torrance interior looks like a cross between McD's and Johnny Rockets. Bah!
Agreed. And the logo s different for there too. And there is an entirely different color scheme. Just wrong.

And reading some of the reviews of the place, no beer, tips expected, and I hesitate to even ask of it is open 24/7 like my local CoCo here.

Yeah right. Tips at CoCo? Not going to happen regardless of where it is. Just like I do not order cream cheese in my sushi even if in the US.

A very big Bah! to this. Looks like the sushi story all over again. Want decent sushi, eat in Japan. Want average to bad sushi, eat in the US.

Want CoCo, come to Japan.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by mjm
Yeah right. Tips at CoCo? Not going to happen regardless of where it is. Just like I do not order cream cheese in my sushi even if in the US.
Not to digress, but it looks like a typical US set-up with table seating + waitstaff. Tipping lets the owner pay staff squat with the "perk" of tips. Bah, nonetheless. I'm willing to bet that the owners aren't American/Japanese; more likely our neighbors to the west.

Originally Posted by mjm
Want CoCo, come to Japan.
Agreed. Well, at least good CoCo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.