How to walk to Asia Center of Japan Hotel from Aoyamo Itchome Station?

Subscribe
I plan to take a train from Narita Airport to Aoyamo-Itchome.
I looked at googlemaps and diddlefinger and I can see the two points and they seem within walking distance, but is really unclear what is a walkable path and what is highways for cars.
What is the best way to get to that hotel on foot once you step outside onto the street from the subway station?
My plane is supposed to land at Narita at about 3PM, so I think I can go through customs, take the train into town and get there before dark.
If the plane is delayed an it's dark, I may take the limousine bus to the nearest hotel on the route and a taxi the rest of the way.
The area is totally walkable. The Yellow / Orange road show on Google map are road / main road, while the one in green are highway (normally above-ground for Tokyo), google map shows pedestrian path if you zoom to the closest level in dotted lines. It's nothing to worry about.

http://local.google.co.jp/maps?f=d&s...0&ie=UTF8&z=19

Personally I will take Narita Express to Shibuya (using foreigner discount package) + Tokyo Subway Ginza Line even flight got delayed.

Not changing Hanzomo line @ Tokyo station because there's quite a bit of walk from Tokyo station to Otemachi
Here's an English-language map from the Asia Center's own website--

http://www.asiacenter.or.jp/eng/access/

The same page contains suggested routes to the Center.

I've stayed there a couple of times, although not since 1991. The rooms are like small college dormitory rooms, and the cafeteria is only adequate (better for breakfast than other meals), but they're used to foreigners, and you're within walking distance of three major subway lines.
Quote: The area is totally walkable. The Yellow / Orange road show on Google map are road / main road, while the one in green are highway (normally above-ground for Tokyo), google map shows pedestrian path if you zoom to the closest level in dotted lines. It's nothing to worry about.

http://local.google.co.jp/maps?f=d&s...0&ie=UTF8&z=19

Personally I will take Narita Express to Shibuya (using foreigner discount package) + Tokyo Subway Ginza Line even flight got delayed.

Not changing Hanzomo line @ Tokyo station because there's quite a bit of walk from Tokyo station to Otemachi
This still doesn't make sense to me. In the street view photos, the second step seems to be be pointing through a building, I don't see the subway exit at the first step and I can't tell where the hotel is at the last step.

How do you get he foreign discount package?
Look at the link I gave you to the hotel's website. It's in English, as opposed to Google maps, which is in Japanese.

By the way, hotels in Japan often have a map somewhere on their websites, because the official addresses are really mail delivery addresses, not at all helpful for the first-time visitor.

So for any hotel in Japan, click on its "English" option and look for a map of how to get there from the nearest transit stop.
Quote: This still doesn't make sense to me. In the street view photos, the second step seems to be be pointing through a building, I don't see the subway exit at the first step and I can't tell where the hotel is at the last step.
Here's the English/bilingual version of ChrisLi's link: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...5&ie=UTF8&z=17

It seems confusing because Google Maps routes you through the Aoyama Twin Shopping Plaza. I think staying outside will be easier to get oriented.
  1. Take exit 4(Akasaka) from the Aoyama Itchome subway station. It's shown as 4(赤坂方面) on Goole Maps. You will emerge between the Aoyama Buildings.
  2. Head east on Aoyama Dori to the first light named Front of Akasaka Post Office.
  3. Turn right and head south on Gaien Higashi Dori to the second traffic light.
  4. Turn left and go straight until arrival at Asia Center Hotel on the right hand side.

Quote: How do you get he foreign discount package?
You must go to the JR East travel center (not the ticket booth) on the basement level of the Narita Airport terminals. The package is called Suica & N'EX. There are many prominent signs promoting the deal.
Quote: Here's the English/bilingual version of ChrisLi's link: [YouTube :3K6NLBxiYA]

It seems confusing because Google Maps routes you through the Aoyama Twin Shopping Plaza. I think staying outside will be easier to get oriented.
  1. Take exit 4(Akasaka) from the Aoyama Itchome subway station. It's shown as 4(赤坂方面) on Goole Maps. You will emerge between the Aoyama Buildings.
  2. Head east on Aoyama Dori to the first light named Front of Akasaka Post Office.
  3. Turn right and head south on Gaien Higashi Dori to the second traffic light.
  4. Turn left and go straight until arrival at Asia Center Hotel on the right hand side.

You must go to the JR East travel center (not the ticket booth) on the basement level of the Narita Airport terminals. The package is called Suica & N'EX. There are many prominent signs promoting the deal.
OK, thanks. I also found info about Suica here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3K6NLBxiYA