Priority Pass lounges in Narita Airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2009, 5:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold, United 1K, United MM, Marriott Gold,Priority Club Platinum

On October 18th I will be flying from Bangkok to Honolulu with a 4-hour layover at Narita. I'll be flying economy so I won't be able to access any of the Star Alliance lounges; however, I have a Priority Pass card.

Does anybody have any experience on which lounge at Narita would get me the best for my bucks ($27)? Of course, I would love to get into a lounge that gives free showers, free flowing beer, good food and no 2-hour time limit.

I wasn't sure which forum to post this in, so sorry if I put it the wrong place.

Last edited by Siambob; Oct 4, 2009 at 6:59 am Reason: I forgot to make my topic "Bold".
Old Oct 4, 2009, 7:04 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Which terminal? It is either the IASS Executive lounge (Terminals 1+2) or the KAL lounge (Terminal 1).

The IASS are landside and AFAIK have no showers. The KAL lounge is airside and also has no showers.

Last edited by DownUnderFlyer; Oct 12, 2009 at 4:58 am Reason: Spelling corrected
Old Oct 4, 2009, 10:06 am

Programs: United, Delta
The two IASS lounges say "Alcoholic drinks are limited to one per person, subsequent drinks are subject to payment" in the PP directory.

Lounge IASS EXECUTIVE LOUNGE
Location Passenger Terminal 1
Landside - enter the Main Building (the center building between North and South
Check-in Bldg) from the 4th Floor (Departure floor), and take the center escalator
up to the 5th Floor. Turn left and proceed straight ahead for approx. 10 meters.
Signboard indicates the entrance to the Lounge.

Lounge IASS EXECUTIVE LOUNGE
Location Passenger Terminal 2
Landside - enter the Main Building from the 3rd Floor (Departure floor) and
take the escalator next to 'G' Check-in counter (North side of the building)
to the 4th Floor. Turn left and proceed straight ahead for approximately 10
meters. Signboard indicates the entrance to the Lounge.

Lounge KAL BUSINESS CLASS LOUNGE
Location Passenger Terminal 1
Airside - Satellite 2, after Passport Control, near Gate 26 on the 3rd Floor.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 5:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold, United 1K, United MM, Marriott Gold,Priority Club Platinum
Priority Pass lounges at Narita Airport

I would like to thank the responses I received to my original post about finding a lounge at the Narita Airport during a transit with United Airlines. It appears that I will not be able to access a lounge because Narita only appears to have three lounges participating in the program, but two of the lounges are landside and only one lounge is for transit. Unfortunately, for me the KAL lounge used for transit is in terminal two and I'll be in terminal one and that lounge closes at 4:30 pm. I'll be in Narita during the evening from around 3 to 7 pm.

This doesn't say much for the Priority Pass program.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 5:23 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Siambob
I would like to thank the responses I received to my original post about finding a lounge at the Narita Airport during a transit with United Airlines. It appears that I will not be able to access a lounge because Narita only appears to have three lounges participating in the program, but two of the lounges are landside and only one lounge is for transit. Unfortunately, for me the KAL lounge used for transit is in terminal two and I'll be in terminal one and that lounge closes at 4:30 pm. I'll be in Narita during the evening from around 3 to 7 pm.

This doesn't say much for the Priority Pass program.
Why don't you go landside and use the lounge? Your layover is long enough and it is not a big deal? There is also another pay lounge landside which you can use if you want to pay.

There are also pay showers available landside and airside which can be used.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 6:49 pm

you can also look at the United forum to see if there is anyone at NRT during your time and would sponsor you in...

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Why don't you go landside and use the lounge? Your layover is long enough and it is not a big deal? There is also another pay lounge landside which you can use if you want to pay.

There are also pay showers available landside and airside which can be used.
not knowing what passport OP holds, there might be a transit visa issue to go landside...
Old Oct 11, 2009, 8:30 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by myperks
not knowing what passport OP holds, there might be a transit visa issue to go landside...
Good point. But you should always carry visas for every point of transit because you can be in real trouble during ir ops if you don't.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 11:35 pm
Original Poster

Priority Pass at Narita

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Good point. But you should always carry visas for every point of transit because you can be in real trouble during ir ops if you don't.
Thanks for the tips. One suggestion is that I exit the transit area and go to the main lobby area in order to use one of the lounges. I may be wrong, but doesn't someone who goes out of the transit area have to pay the airport tax when reentering the departure gate area? For Narita, this might be around 30 or 40 US dollars. That is too much to pay considering that the Priority Pass lounge will also charge $27 admission.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 12:19 am

Unfortunately, for me the KAL lounge used for transit is in terminal two and I'll be in terminal one and that lounge closes at 4:30 pm.
I think you misread something. The KAL lounge is in Terminal one, Satellite two. Satellite two is part of Terminal one.

Earlier you said you were flying UA. The KAL lounge is a relatively short walk from the UA gate area. You can see on this map where the KAL lounge and how it is not that far from the UA RCC:
http://www.narita-airport.jp/en/guid.../76_t1_3f.html

When we were in Narita in March flying UA, we used the Northwest club before it became a Delta club and dropped out of PriorityPass. But I remember walking by the KAL lounge on the way to our gate.

BillJ
Old Oct 12, 2009, 12:27 am

Programs: AA EXP (1.7MM); BD *G; HH Diamond
Thanks for the tips. One suggestion is that I exit the transit area and go to the main lobby area in order to use one of the lounges. I may be wrong, but doesn't someone who goes out of the transit area have to pay the airport tax when reentering the departure gate area? For Narita, this might be around 30 or 40 US dollars. That is too much to pay considering that the Priority Pass lounge will also charge $27 admission.
I've gone landside many times during a long NRT layover.

Never once opened my wallet.

Never even seen anywhere to collect such a tax. I believe NRT makes those be included in tickets thesedays?
Old Oct 12, 2009, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

......I may be wrong, but doesn't someone who goes out of the transit area have to pay the airport tax when reentering the departure gate area?......
It is airport dependent. Some airports charge departure tax if you exit immigration, some only if you make a stopover. NRT doesn't charge departure tax unless you stay over 24 hours.@:-)
Old Oct 12, 2009, 4:59 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by wcj1
I think you misread something. The KAL lounge is in Terminal one, Satellite two. Satellite two is part of Terminal one.

Earlier you said you were flying UA. The KAL lounge is a relatively short walk from the UA gate area. You can see on this map where the KAL lounge and how it is not that far from the UA RCC:
http://www.narita-airport.jp/en/guid.../76_t1_3f.html

When we were in Narita in March flying UA, we used the Northwest club before it became a Delta club and dropped out of PriorityPass. But I remember walking by the KAL lounge on the way to our gate.

BillJ
The OP will still have the problem that the lounge is closed when he gets there.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 5:40 am

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
Originally Posted by TerryK
It is airport dependent. Some airports charge departure tax if you exit immigration, some only if you make a stopover. NRT doesn't charge departure tax unless you stay over 24 hours.@:-)
Exactly. NRT will still not charge anything even if you stay over 24 hours unless you declare that you want to pay!!! I have been outside the immigration many times just for better sushi during transit.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 9:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Plat, HHonors Gold, PC Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
I know my post long dates your trip but for any others reading this thread, the KAL lounge is pretty lame. The view is good but the spread of food is not very good. Just rice cakes and croissants. The alcohol is as much as you can drink but a small selection. I expected more after being spoiled in the KAL Business Lounge at ICN and this does not even begin to compare. You could get a better deal buying food and alcohol ala carte and spending a few bucks on one of the quiet day rooms throughout the airport.

Also, there are no fees to exit immigration and come back through on a long stopover. If you have 6-8 hours on a stopover, I recommend going to the information desk for tourist information on the town of Narita. You can take the JR or Keisei trains to the town of Narita which is only 1-2 stops away from the airport (depending on which terminal you depart out of) and there are lots of great restaurants, shops, and other things to see.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 10:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by xianrocker
I expected more after being spoiled in the KAL Business Lounge at ICN and this does not even begin to compare.
Wow...that's really saying something as the KE C lounge at ICN is pretty mediocre.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.