JAL Overnight layover in NRT

Old Nov 13, 2004, 6:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: UAL MP, AAdvantage,WN RR
Just called JL agent and was told I need to pick up the luggage when JL001(SFO->NRT) arrival(4:00pm) at NRT, and re-check in before my next scheduled flight(around 11:00am). Quite a different information from other sources.

Finally, iI called AA to change my schedule and avoid the over night layover.

Last edited by yosemite1225; Nov 14, 2004 at 11:33 am
Old Nov 18, 2004, 3:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

jl can pick up the hotel tab in that case

ime on lax-nrt-mnl, jl DOES provide accomodation IF the 6p flight is full or you ask nicely. however, it's important to talk to the right people. when i'm in the US, i rely on my costa mesa travel agent to get stuff done. in asia, i've found the shanghai office to be great. once i called the hong kong office and didn't like what i heard.

as for the nrt stopover, there are scores of threads on the topic. unlike most people, i actually like stopping over there, even when i'm alone.
Old Nov 18, 2004, 5:04 pm
Suspended

deleted for typo

Last edited by i_buy_swa; Nov 19, 2004 at 12:22 pm
Old Nov 21, 2004, 4:57 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Sorry to be chiming in late here. I just saw this post. NRT can be a fun layover.

I stayed at the Hilton, which is probably the nicest hotel at NRT, but nothing special...the ANA would be fine too. I got a decent in-room massage for about $60 and hung out for a while before hitting the bars...

The bar at the Hilton is sort of fun with an American singer. We had the UA crew come by with some of them drinking until they were trashed (I hope they had a 48 hour layover)...they popped over from the hotel across the street where they were staying.

But, what you really NEED to do is go out at night into Narita to two airline crew hotspots:

1. The Barge Inn is the first stop, particularly because the second stop doesn't open until midnight or so;

2. Then, everyone hops over to the Truck Bar (literally situated in a truck).

All of this pre-supposes that you enjoy interacting with airline crews.

Otherwise, go into Tokyo, but it's a long trip in and out.
Old Nov 21, 2004, 8:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by nologic
1. The Barge Inn is the first stop, particularly because the second stop doesn't open until midnight or so;
i also enjoy the barge. i usually don't make it to the truck because i like to take the barge bus back to the hotel.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.