Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

JAL Re-issue fee on fully flexible J ticket

Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

Am I right in thinking that even though it's free to change a fully flexible J ticket (i.e. no penalties in the fare rules) I still have to pay the 5,400 yen phone/airport re-issue fee?

Would booking this ticket through a travel agent help to avoid this fee?
Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:50 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by heartface
Am I right in thinking that even though it's free to change a fully flexible J ticket (i.e. no penalties in the fare rules) I still have to pay the 5,400 yen phone/airport re-issue fee?

Would booking this ticket through a travel agent help to avoid this fee?
Booking with travel agent will just mean you have to pay the travel agent a fee instead
Old Sep 21, 2017, 12:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JALPak
Booking with travel agent will just mean you have to pay the travel agent a fee instead
Got it, so assuming the travel agent fee is lower, then I should book with them. My return dates aren't 100% confirmed so I was going to book and change thinking it would be free to do so.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 2:01 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
As mentioned in

http://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/payment/tsf/

In some cases, you don't have to pay ticketing service fee, even you contact a call center.
(e.g date change, and no fare adjustment is required)
Because of some normal fares have different prices between weekday and weekend, date change may trigger fare adjustment. Therefore, ticket reissue and service fee are required.

When I called a contact center, and changed reservations of Oneworld explorer ticket issued by JAL, there was no ticketing fee.
Of course, when I asked JAL reissue Oneworld explorer ticket issued by CX, it required ticketing service fee.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 2:31 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu
As mentioned in

http://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/payment/tsf/

In some cases, you don't have to pay ticketing service fee, even you contact a call center.
(e.g date change, and no fare adjustment is required)
Because of some normal fares have different prices between weekday and weekend, date change may trigger fare adjustment. Therefore, ticket reissue and service fee are required.

When I called a contact center, and changed reservations of Oneworld explorer ticket issued by JAL, there was no ticketing fee.
Of course, when I asked JAL reissue Oneworld explorer ticket issued by CX, it required ticketing service fee.
http://www.jal.co.jp/en/info/pss_world/?inbound=ar

Not after the Amadeus switch
Old Sep 22, 2017, 4:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JALPak
Good find. So right now there would be no fee to change a flexible J ticket (as there's no fare/tax change), but come November 16th the call centre fee will apply per ticket change.

I'll book through a travel agent. Thanks for the help!

Out of interest, anyone know if the Amadeus switch will make it possible to change tickets on the website?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.