Old Jul 29, 2017, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JALPak
To use the Japanese search engine for menu

1. Visit https://www.jal.co.jp/inter/service/first/ and go to the middle of the page
2. Select the お食事 button for food and 飲み物 button for drink
3. Use the drop down menus to select your month, class of service, departure airport and arrival airport
4. Click the red button to search.
Print Wikipost

JAL Menus?

Old Jul 24, 2017, 7:36 pm
mjm
Original Member

Originally Posted by JALPak
Most of the food you ordered are just food available in C lol
Sorta kinda. Only the curry and Katsu Sando. The rest is F selection. And I guarantee you Salon and Heidsieck are not available in C.

As for consumption, I finished a whole bottle of each and then moved on to the whites. Did pretty well there too but left the reds for the trip home. Kind of a limp red selection anyway.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 7:43 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by mjm
Sorta kinda. Only the curry and Katsu Sando. The rest is F selection. And I guarantee you Salon and Heidsieck are not available in C.

As for consumption, I finished a whole bottle of each and then moved on to the whites. Did pretty well there too but left the reds for the trip home. Kind of a limp red selection anyway.
Sometimes they have yakitori in C too. Guess not on the current menu? (I should know because I had that ex-TYO C menu a month ago and they served Takoyaki in C instead)

WOW you did drink A LOT. I will probably pass out if I finish the entire bottle of Salon by myself
Old Jul 24, 2017, 8:04 pm
mjm
Original Member

WOW you did drink A LOT. I will probably pass out if I finish the entire bottle of Salon by myself
Practice makes perfect.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by mjm
Practice makes perfect.
Raises an issue I posted in another thread. I'm holding 5 of 7 F bookings on an upcoming flight. 3 of my party don't drink. My wife and I do, and want a bottle of Salon set aside for later in the flight. What was your flight booked to? And did the FAs "police" the Salon consumption or simply let you drink it all at whatever pace you wanted? In other words, first come first served??
Old Jul 25, 2017, 10:28 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (lowly Blue but with MUCCI, apparently)
Originally Posted by mjm
I don't generally pass judgement on another persons consumption because, let's face it, I sometimes have my own issues with over-indulgence, but DAMN!
Old Jul 25, 2017, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
deleted

Last edited by cyborg; Jun 2, 2018 at 2:43 pm Reason: Moving on from Flyertalk
Old Jul 25, 2017, 5:35 pm
mjm
Original Member

Originally Posted by jamienbaker
Raises an issue I posted in another thread. I'm holding 5 of 7 F bookings on an upcoming flight. 3 of my party don't drink. My wife and I do, and want a bottle of Salon set aside for later in the flight. What was your flight booked to? And did the FAs "police" the Salon consumption or simply let you drink it all at whatever pace you wanted? In other words, first come first served??
About 2/3 of the cabin was filled. Bubbles were from what I could tell first come first served but the great thing about JL and NH in F is 90% of the locals (from where I live) sleep 99% of the flight and leave the good bubbles for me. :-) Setting it aside would likely be something they would accommodate if you said you would be interested in having it but had to deal with the group as a whole first. They are very accommodating with requests that easy to fulfill.

Last edited by mjm; Jul 25, 2017 at 5:41 pm
Old Jul 25, 2017, 5:37 pm
mjm
Original Member

Originally Posted by mwalsh
I don't generally pass judgement on another persons consumption because, let's face it, I sometimes have my own issues with over-indulgence, but DAMN!
Why thank you Vis a vis bubbles, I reckon I come in about mid-table on a ranking of some of our FT colleagues here who do F with regularity.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by mjm
Why thank you Vis a vis bubbles, I reckon I come in about mid-table on a ranking of some of our FT colleagues here who do F with regularity.
Two bottles of bubbles and two bottles of white does not sound too heavy on a 12 hour flight...
Old Jul 25, 2017, 8:34 pm
mjm
Original Member

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Two bottles of bubbles and two bottles of white does not sound too heavy on a 12 hour flight...
To wit.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 12:04 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
It's official, FT JAL Board is full of AA members
Old Jul 26, 2017, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
It's official, FT JAL Board is full of AA members
Funny that I trigger the official notification
Old Jul 26, 2017, 10:04 pm

Programs: QF, CX, BA
Originally Posted by jamienbaker
I have never seen champagne in first policed in the way you suggest here and on the other thread on any airline (except perhaps when they judiciously slow down in their refills when you are approaching a certain state... ). They use it till it's gone, when there's none left, that's it. Move on to something else.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by mitellic
I have never seen champagne in first policed in the way you suggest here and on the other thread on any airline (except perhaps when they judiciously slow down in their refills when you are approaching a certain state... ). They use it till it's gone, when there's none left, that's it. Move on to something else.
I guess I better hit it as soon as I board. Thanks for the input.

Safe travels - Jamie
Old Jul 27, 2017, 6:12 am

JFK-HND http://www.jal.co.jp/inter/service/m...706_201708.pdf

They updated the Japanese site but not the English one. You can choose HND JFK on the Japanese site.
Thanks again. Another question - how much caviar is typically catered? On Cathay they cater to at least six. Meaning I regularly enjoy seconds, as I trade my dessert for my kids caviar.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.