Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Booked in Y able to select J seat assignment

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2017, 6:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat 2MM), Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat75, UA1K

Traveling on JL869 on Feb 18th. This is part of a ORD-NRT-PEK trip with AA on the leg to NRT all booked in coach (O fare). When I went into JAL.com today to online check-in, I was able to select seats in what appears to be the smaller aft J class cabin. They came up in the seat map for economy (note that the larger forward J cabin didn't show). I managed to grab 8HK. Is this just JL offering the J seats with Y service or am I at risk of being bounced from these seats when we get to NRT?
Old Feb 15, 2017, 8:25 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/15661109-post17.html
Old Feb 15, 2017, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat 2MM), Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat75, UA1K
Awesome - thanks for the information!
Old Feb 15, 2017, 3:02 pm

Programs: OneWorld Emerald, JL Diamond, SPG Gold
It's a really common upgrading case of Asian flights, especially Lunar, Chinese, New Year season.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 11:34 pm

This just happened to me recently on JL69 to KIX. Awesome experience trying out the Shell Flat... However no such luck on the return flight JL60 outbound. Aft business cabin did not appear at all during seat selection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.