Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Booked JAL but no email confirmation with PNR?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2017, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Ryanair Platinum

Hi guys,

Apologies if this is the wrong part to post this.

I booked through JAL and before I arrived at the payment page I received an email which basically said "pay before 9 March" and you're good to go. It was a confirmation of dates, passengers and travel time and a link to complete the payment.

Didn't click on the link just continued with the booking process and I paid. Immediately after that I saw a screen with tickets and seat assignments. I saved that as a PDF but never received any other email with PNR number of confirmation. Also on my tickets (that didn't arrive via mail, also not spam) there is no PNR number. Never booked with JAL - is this normal?
Old Feb 20, 2017, 7:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Please follow the redirect as we send this to the JL forum.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk
Old Feb 20, 2017, 9:06 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
There's a 4 digit number given for each flight during the booking process. That's your PNR for the flight.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 10:14 pm

Programs: OneWorld Emerald, JL Diamond, SPG Gold
JL send a confirmation mail either domestic or international reservation.
I think you would miss-typed your email address, so you may contact to JL to get your reservation number by phone.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 8:34 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by JALPak
There's a 4 digit number given for each flight during the booking process. That's your PNR for the flight.
Unless it's booked as a pass in which case you get a longer PNR, that doesn't work on the international website and is too long to enter on the "manage domestic booking". Only possibility is to check the booking by retrieving the e-ticket receipt.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by WorldLux
Unless it's booked as a pass in which case you get a longer PNR, that doesn't work on the international website and is too long to enter on the "manage domestic booking". Only possibility is to check the booking by retrieving the e-ticket receipt.
OP got link to pay before payment date. You still think this is a pass?
Old Feb 21, 2017, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Ryanair Platinum
I got an email indeed in the middle of the booking process so email has been typed in correctly.

Spoke to customer service rep today. Bad English so... anyways she said 'impossible i have etickets and I should have received an email. I was litterally looking at the etickets as we spoke and could give her the numbers and everything but she said it's impossible.

She was unable to give me nor the PNR number nor another email confirmation but said that everything is okay... Their twitter is not responding.

Not sure what to do here. Anybody has a customer service email address because that too she couldn't give me.

I can log onto their manage booking portal so i guess that's okay?
Old Feb 21, 2017, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by jvde
I got an email indeed in the middle of the booking process so email has been typed in correctly.

Spoke to customer service rep today. Bad English so... anyways she said 'impossible i have etickets and I should have received an email. I was litterally looking at the etickets as we spoke and could give her the numbers and everything but she said it's impossible.

She was unable to give me nor the PNR number nor another email confirmation but said that everything is okay... Their twitter is not responding.

Not sure what to do here. Anybody has a customer service email address because that too she couldn't give me.

http://www.jal.co.jp/en/dom/reservation/eticket/

Just get the 2D barcode and you will be fine.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 2:56 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Domestic booking? That was my experience too. I never received another email other than the original booking confirmation/make payment by XX date email until the day before my flight when JAL sent one for check in/boarding options.

If you have your four digit booking code and can view your reservation online (particularly after the make payment date- I know you have a PDF of the payment but if reservation wasn't canceled due to non-payment, this is an additional confirmation to me that JAL sees it complete), you should be good to go! ^
Old Feb 21, 2017, 3:53 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by jvde
What exactly is the problem then? If you have the e-tix and can access the booking online, everything is fine. AFAIK you won't be able to access the booking via CMT as JL (and NH) use a 4-digit PNR (as mentioned by JALPak) for domestic flights.
Old May 23, 2017, 10:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
I had the same issue. I mad a domestic booking on jal.co.jp without completeting payment/ticketing. I received an email acknowledgement of the booking but the email did NOT containt any PNR or reservation number. I recall that the number was shown only on the website right after I completed the booking but I didn't take note of ut, expecting that I will receive it by email.

Weeks later when I wanted to pay/ticket my reservation, I couldn't do so without the reservation number, so I had to call the English line if JAL in Japan to have an agent retrieve the reservation number for me.

Overall, booking a domestic JAL ticket was a difficult experience due to their quirky/different if not complicated methods
Old May 23, 2017, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by MasterGeek
I had the same issue. I mad a domestic booking on jal.co.jp without completeting payment/ticketing. I received an email acknowledgement of the booking but the email did NOT containt any PNR or reservation number. I recall that the number was shown only on the website right after I completed the booking but I didn't take note of ut, expecting that I will receive it by email.

Weeks later when I wanted to pay/ticket my reservation, I couldn't do so without the reservation number, so I had to call the English line if JAL in Japan to have an agent retrieve the reservation number for me.

Overall, booking a domestic JAL ticket was a difficult experience due to their quirky/different if not complicated methods
I was looking back at my last domestic reservation, there was a reservation number in the email I got. I intentionally do not write PNR as the domestic reference from JL's website is 4 digit. There is also a link that brought to the reservation when I had to pay. (sorry in Japanese, but the English does look more or less the same) The bold is the reservation number

<フライト詳細>

(1) 4月3日 JAL431便
   東京(羽田) 7:25発 → 松山 8:55着
クラス J
 予約番号 0310
Old May 23, 2017, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I was looking back at my last domestic reservation, there was a reservation number in the email I got. I intentionally do not write PNR as the domestic reference from JL's website is 4 digit. There is also a link that brought to the reservation when I had to pay. (sorry in Japanese, but the English does look more or less the same) The bold is the reservation number

<フライト詳細>

(1) 4月3日 JAL431便
   東京(羽田) 7:25発 → 松山 8:55着
クラス J
 予約番号 0310
Exactly, the email contains both URL to pay and 4-digit reservation number per flight.
Old May 24, 2017, 6:14 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Oh yeah, the 4 digit reservation number was in the booking confirmation email. I failed to notice it. My apologies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.