Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does JAL US office ever anwser the phone?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2017, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: RVT 1K
Does JAL US office ever anwser the phone?

Second time in a week trying to reach the office in LA to make a change to a paid C class ticket and now on hold for over 30 mins and still no answer.

Is there more than one person working there?
Old Jan 9, 2017, 3:51 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
There are definitely more than 1 person working at the LA call center. Try calling when they first open if you don't want to wait.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Picked up after 57 minutes...not cool. Will factor this into a decision to buy from them again...expedia picks up the phone in 2 minutes on a cheap fare, paying for C and this kinda service is bs. Sorry for rant...yes I feel better now.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 4:34 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by RS250Racer
Picked up after 57 minutes...not cool. Will factor this into a decision to buy from them again...expedia picks up the phone in 2 minutes on a cheap fare, paying for C and this kinda service is bs. Sorry for rant...yes I feel better now.
I suggest you write to them http://www.ar.jal.com/arl/region/en/contact/

I've never waited for this long on the regular lines.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 7:09 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
I called the US office recently and it was picked up pretty quickly. I guess it depends on how 'hot' the hotline is during the time of day.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 9:06 am

Programs: CX MPC
Just called at 11AM, someone picked up in ~2 minutes.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 9:23 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
I tried calling for seat assignments in March and waited 45 min!
Old Jan 10, 2017, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Here we go again....calling back today to make final change fees payment and on hold already 15 minutes!!!
Old Jan 11, 2017, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Website is working well today too:

Old Jan 16, 2017, 3:13 am

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
I've had similar issues in Japan: long waits every time I call JAL. Even their "priority" line for elites keeps me on hold for long periods of time. I've complained several times, and it never changes.

And more recently, I've been finding JAL's customer service to be quite abysmal. The service is great in the air and terrible on the ground (particularly the call centers). I've had several incidents of poor service and recently called to complain, but they offered absolutely nothing for this 12-year JGC member. I got much better responses from Northwest (Northwest!!) customer service when I was a Northwest flyer years ago.

So this long-time loyal JAL flyer, who used to sing JAL's praises to everyone and chose JL even if it meant extra connections or paying more, is going to move a big chunk of my flying to other airlines, probably NH and Star Alliance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.