Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Japan Airlines to Turn Clothing into Jet Fuel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2016, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lufthansa, United, Hilton, Marriott, Hyatt

"Japan Airlines wants to turn used clothing into jet fuel. Japan’s flag carrier—and the nation’s second-largest airplane company after All Nippon Airways—is working with recycling firm Japan Environmental Planning, better known as Jeplan, and Tokyo’s Green Earth Institute to establish a collaborative council that could place the alternative energy source in trials as early as 2020, according to the Nikkei Asian Review."

http://www.ecouterre.com/japan-airli...-into-jet-fuel

Yep... this article would go well in a Flying & Fashion Forum
Old Dec 9, 2016, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
It is an interesting concept and proposal.

However, I would guess the energy efficiency in incineration for heating and electricity production would be higher.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.