Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jal F changes

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2016, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Jal F changes

It's been about a month since my last flight but I wanted to give people some updates on the jal F service changes I noticed. First off on the back on the cards explaining wifi it's noted the F passengers get wifi for free and indeed after some discusssion they found these promo cards to get wifi for free. Secondly they had salon 2002 and 2004 on my flight I greatly prefer the 2002. Last good thing they now have a fast track for F passengers with immigration at nrt it's all the way to the left at the immigration hall. One negitive things I noticed was the F amenity kits are now just the same J kit.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
The basic amenity kit is the same as J, but on top of it you get the additional Shiseido kit in F (men, different one for women)

I am surprised they have reintroduced the 2002. If they are burning through bottles too quick, I wonder where the extra 2002 came from.

The F immigration at NRT has been reported a couple times. A nice touch. Though only available for non residents.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 9:57 pm

Good to know wifi is free for First
Old Oct 23, 2016, 10:09 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The basic amenity kit is the same as J, but on top of it you get the additional Shiseido kit in F (men, different one for women)

I am surprised they have reintroduced the 2002. If they are burning through bottles too quick, I wonder where the extra 2002 came from.

The F immigration at NRT has been reported a couple times. A nice touch. Though only available for non residents.
All of these changes have been implemented by more than a couple of months already...wonder if OP meant ~1 year instead of ~1 month LOL
Old Oct 24, 2016, 3:48 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Does this explain it?

http://www.aviationwire.jp/archives/102656
Old Oct 24, 2016, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
How do you get the free WiFi? after boarding? I will like to know because I have a JL F in around 8 weeks followed by a J flight, I hope the voucher still work on that flight too ;-)
Old Oct 24, 2016, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by fedechat
How do you get the free WiFi? after boarding? I will like to know because I have a JL F in around 8 weeks followed by a J flight, I hope the voucher still work on that flight too ;-)
Normally on JL, how a log in for the duration of the flight works is by giving your log in 24 hours. And yes it can be used on any international JL flight you take in that period. Have done that.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 8:51 pm

Are the old F amenity kits every coming back or are we going to be stuck with the J-style amenity kits?
Old Oct 25, 2016, 10:36 am
Original Poster

When I flew in November and Jan of this past year wifi and fast track was not offered thus my posting lastly I feel since the FA didn't know about the free wifi most members didn't as well. I'll be back in a month in a half to enjoy it some more and I hope they still have the 2002 salon.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 2:12 am

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
Currently on JAL 6 to NYC in F. Free wifi card handed out at start of flight. You log in and enter a long code which brings the price to 0.

Received the Lowe amenity kit on both JAL 5 2 weeks ago and now on this flight.

BTW, Japanese F meal was really good.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

While people focus a lot on the Salon, they "only" had the 2004 on my last flight, the Henriot Cuvée des Enchanteleurs 2000 is the big clue at the moment. It is far more ready for drinking than the Salon. I had a glass of both simultaneously to compare.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 3:38 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Loewe kit also on JL771 today. Looks like they're back in F systemwide.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.