Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JAL seat selection

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2016, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

JAL seat selection

Got my first JAL flight coming up in December (not including the time I was rebooked on JAL due to a typhoon), travelling from BKK-HND in PE.

It was booked through American Express travel, which obviously has no option for seat selection at the time of booking. Is there a way to select my seat now that I've made the booking? I've tried putting my reservation code into the "View your reservation" page on the JAL website, but it doesn't recognise it.

Also, I read somewhere that lounge access is "by reservation" in PE. I don't have any status with OW (mostly do SkyTeam), so I won't get access otherwise, do I have to do anything to make sure I have lounge access at BKK?
Old Oct 20, 2016, 3:12 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Naomasa298
Got my first JAL flight coming up in December (not including the time I was rebooked on JAL due to a typhoon), travelling from BKK-HND in PE.

It was booked through American Express travel, which obviously has no option for seat selection at the time of booking. Is there a way to select my seat now that I've made the booking? I've tried putting my reservation code into the "View your reservation" page on the JAL website, but it doesn't recognise it.

Also, I read somewhere that lounge access is "by reservation" in PE. I don't have any status with OW (mostly do SkyTeam), so I won't get access otherwise, do I have to do anything to make sure I have lounge access at BKK?
You need to get the JAL PNR not the one used by Amex (Sabre?).

Traveling in PY on BKK-HND will give you access to the Sakura Lounge at BKK. No status needed.

http://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/service/lounge/bkk/
Old Oct 20, 2016, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JALPak
You need to get the JAL PNR not the one used by Amex (Sabre?).

Traveling in PY on BKK-HND will give you access to the Sakura Lounge at BKK. No status needed.

http://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/service/lounge/bkk/

Hmm, I only have the Amex PNR, there's no other booking reference. I do have a ticket number but that's it. Might have to call them.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 9:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Call Amex and ask for JAL PNR number, is weird they didn't provide you that when they send you the ticket number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.