Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Random question about screen resolution on 777

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2016, 11:44 am
Original Poster

I have been looking everywhere and am not able to find any specs on the screen resolution that JL has on their 777's in biz and first. All I can find is "high definition". I know it's not a big deal but I'm rather curious if I should expect the same "high def" as Cathay or something better with such a nice sized screen. Any ideas?
Old Aug 26, 2016, 12:59 pm

Its high def analog I would say. They have 23 in HD screens and it looks like they use composite video into them maybe its to save space on the hdd( lower res). I did review some photos to make sure. With that said never stopped me from enjoying a movie or the salon on the flight. I will be on it once more next week.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Lol I know I will be enjoying the flight, I just found it odd I cant find any actual specs on the equipment. But I guess I'll just wait and enjoy whatever is there.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 9:45 am

When is your flight mines on Friday. The res will not matter since they do not use native res for the screens, it could be 4k and you would not know it. They use a 480p at best signal into them.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 10:23 am
Original Poster

That's a shame to hear. Does anyone actually transmit to monitors from their servers in 720p or higher? My flight is a little under three weeks away and sneaking up fast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.