Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

JAL to add Diamond Premier Lounge & renovate domestic Sakura Lounges

Old Jun 13, 2016, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JALPak
Sapporo (CTS)
- Close from Nov 4 2015.
- Renovated Sakura Lounge and new Diamond Premier Lounge will re-open on June 29 2016

Itami (ITM)
- Sakura Lounge will be partial closed from Sep 7 2016 for Diamond Premier Lounge construction
- Diamond Premier Lounge will open on Oct 16 2016

Fukuoka (FUK)
- Diamond Premier Lounge and Sakura Lounge will be ready on Mar 30 2017

Okinawa Naha (OKA)
- Reopened on Feb 28 2017
- New Diamond Premier Lounge will open on Feb 28 2018

Hiroshima (HIJ)
- Sakura Lounge will reopen on Mar 28 2017

Kagoshima (KOJ)
- Close from Nov 24 2017
- Will re-opem on Mar 2 2018

Komatsu (KMQ)
- Close from Dec 12 2017
- Target completion: March 2018
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 4, 2015, 3:49 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum

http://press.jal.co.jp/en/release/201509/003495.html

New lounges are scheduled to open in summer 2016. The location will be changed from the second floor to the third floor in the domestic terminal. Under the design concept of “Japan’s appearance,” new lounges will optimize value of Japanese elements to create comfortable atmosphere of prestige and refined taste.

Additionally, Priority Check-in counters and security inspections will be renewed for JAL First Class customers, JMB Diamond members and JGC Premier members.

The renovation will begin from November 4, 2015. Sakura Lounge and some facilities will not be available for service during the renovation period. For more information, please visit JAL website
The press release only mentions lounge service at ITM and FUK will be enhanced. No extra details on these yet.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
The Sakura Lounge in CTS is a bit drab, so it is a welcome change. Based on the images it seems like we might get windows and daylight.... Yay :-)
Old Sep 4, 2015, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The Sakura Lounge in CTS is a bit drab, so it is a welcome change. Based on the images it seems like we might get windows and daylight.... Yay :-)
Yes, the new lounges will finally have windows because it's moving one level up from the current location
Old Sep 4, 2015, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by JALPak
Yes, the new lounges will finally have windows because it's moving one level up from the current location
Woohoo. We are moving on up!!!!!
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brabb12
Woohoo. We are moving on up!!!!!
But Sakura Lounge won't be available from Nov 4 2015. Glad that I am not going to CTS this winter
Old Sep 4, 2015, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
But Sakura Lounge won't be available from Nov 4 2015. Glad that I am not going to CTS this winter
It is not a big loss though... As long as they keep the Diamond Premiere check in and security running I can live with buying a coffee in the airport instead.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 11:32 pm
Original Poster

It is not a big loss though... As long as they keep the Diamond Premiere check in and security running I can live with buying a coffee in the airport instead.
That may be affected as well. You probably have to use the JGC one.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That may be affected as well. You probably have to use the JGC one.
I am kind of expecting that....
Old Sep 5, 2015, 7:49 am

Programs: JL/Emerald, NH*G, DL/ElitePlus, HHonors G
Glad to see JAL is differentiating itself from ANA, which has no plan to expand the equivalent ANA Suite lounge service outside NRT/HND for its Diamond members. I will stick around with JAL for a while, especially I also like CX and BA first class service.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 5:26 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Originally Posted by reimondo
Glad to see JAL is differentiating itself from ANA, which has no plan to expand the equivalent ANA Suite lounge service outside NRT/HND for its Diamond members. I will stick around with JAL for a while, especially I also like CX and BA first class service.
Not true -- they indeed have plans to do so, and have already opened a Suite Lounge at OKA. It takes time and planning to acquire the right space to do this sort of construction, especially at ITM and FUK.

Kudos to JAL for moving forward with this. However, I hope they also plan to improve the offering at the HND Premier Lounge, as it will definitely feel inferior to this new lounge at CTS.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by armagebedar
Not true -- they indeed have plans to do so, and have already opened a Suite Lounge at OKA. It takes time and planning to acquire the right space to do this sort of construction, especially at ITM and FUK.

Kudos to JAL for moving forward with this. However, I hope they also plan to improve the offering at the HND Premier Lounge, as it will definitely feel inferior to this new lounge at CTS.
Having never been to the domestic suite lounge, how does that compare to the diamond premiere lounge in terms of offering?
Old Sep 5, 2015, 9:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by armagebedar
However, I hope they also plan to improve the offering at the HND Premier Lounge, as it will definitely feel inferior to this new lounge at CTS.
How does the HND one feel interior?
Old Sep 6, 2015, 7:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Having never been to the domestic suite lounge, how does that compare to the diamond premiere lounge in terms of offering?
Last time I visit FUK ANA lounge it's like a run down lounge with lack of seats and super crowded everywhere.. I would rather fly class J on JAL only they ran out of seats....
Old Sep 6, 2015, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ChrisLi
Last time I visit FUK ANA lounge it's like a run down lounge with lack of seats and super crowded everywhere.. I would rather fly class J on JAL only they ran out of seats....
I was thinking more of the HND Suite Lounge vs HND Diamond Premiere lounge.

The FUK Sakura Lounge is also pretty sad, so ANA may be on par rather on the losing end...
Old Sep 6, 2015, 5:01 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
How does the HND one feel interior?
This is personal preference, but the design of the Suite Lounge is nicer, with more use of greenery and soft colors compared to the DP Lounge. Also, the food selection is better (though not great), with soup, bread, miso soup, inarizushi, and Krispy Kreme doughnuts after 11 AM. I know they've been trying to increase the offerings in the DP Lounge but overall the design feels a little dated, and when I was in recently I wished they had more seating options for couples.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.