Search

Possible IRROP with JAL on Aug.8

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2015, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, A3 Gold
Possible IRROP with JAL on Aug.8

Hi guys,

I will be flying TPE-NRT-YVR on this coming Saturday, with Typhoon Soudelor approaching Taiwan, there might be possible delay or cancellation on Aug.8. I will have 4 hours connection in NRT, but in the worst case, if my flight from TPE is delayed and missed the YVR flight, do you guys know how JAL would handle this?
Since they have only one flight to YVR, will they rebook to the next day? or will they rebook with another airlines in TPE or NRT? or even on the HND-SFO flight? I will be flying back from YVR on JAL on Aug.9th, so rebooking to the next day is not a possible option for me.

I am actually flying from Hong Kong to Taipei tomorrow, my original China Airlines flight have already been affected. Do you think JAL would let me rebook the ticket and let me fly from HKG instead because of the possible IRROP in TPE? I could surely skip my HKG-TPE leg on CI if they could let me do that. I am booked on a Class D ticket. I was trying to call JAL and asked, but only realise they do not have a 24hours number even in Japan?
Old Aug 6, 2015, 9:24 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
You can always cancel your ticket and rebook yourself if you must stick to your travel dates.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 9:35 am

Another option is to reroute to CI32 if you know the flight will be delayed at TPE.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 9:40 am
Original Poster

thanks, but the fare difference between an ex-HKG ticket and the ex-TPE is quiet substantial...
Old Aug 6, 2015, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by BUT777
thanks, but the fare difference between an ex-HKG ticket and the ex-TPE is quiet substantial...
That's the price to pay if you must arrive and leave YVR on the scheduled dates. So far there's no affects on international operations on the 7th so good luck.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 9:55 am

By the way, you can call the U.S. call center it is open now. Just sign up for Skype, it should be free.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 10:15 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the input! I really don't want to spend any extra since I am doing a MR to qualify for CX DM before end of August. And I am already occupied for the coming 3 weeks, really wasn't too much options left. And it has been almost 20 years since my last long haul with JAL, so I was really looking forward to it, and also my first long haul on the 787 as well

Woke up this morning and got the email notifying cancellation on the TPE-NRT leg. Called JAL Taipei office, they offered a full refund to me, I asked if it is possible to "re-route" and start my itineraries from HKG. First response was they cannot do that, and I asked again if it is possible since it is weather related and only the first leg needs to be changed. They said they would call me back since the person who have the authority to do that is not in the office yet. And two hours later, received the call from them, offered me two choices either flying to Haneda this afternoon, or flying to Narita tomorrow morning from HKG. ^^ I was already looking for alternate MR for the weekend, really appreciate their generosity and flexibility with my request.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.