Wiki Posts
Search

J LAX/SFO to KIX RT Question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2015, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT 3MM, DL PM 2MM
J LAX/SFO to KIX RT Question

I'm doing a paid J RT US to KIX. Can leave from SFO or LAX. SFO nonstop 787-8 UA or LAX 787-8 JL. JL seats in J angled while UA flat. Both 2-2-2. Any recommendations of soft product (food, service) in addition to seat. Trying to figure out best overall experience. Thanks
Old Aug 2, 2015, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
JAL is lightyears ahead of UA in terms of service and soft product. Due to a reroute I was recently on UA from IAH to NRT in J. And I was stunned by the poor soft product. I would take an angled seat on JAL any day over a full flat on UA.

If you rate the flat seat and sleeping higher than the soft product, then of course UA will win the comparison. Just one point then, do not get tempted by the Japanese meal. You will get better Japanese food at 7-11 here in Japan. I'll see if I have a picture of the main course from IAH, and share it.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
The UA main course in J. Sanshokudon 三色丼

Old Aug 2, 2015, 7:21 pm

That looks nasty.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 7:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11A501 Safari/9537.53)

Considered lax nrt itm?
Old Aug 2, 2015, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brabb12
That looks nasty.
That is a fairly accurate description of the state of the meal... :-)
Old Aug 2, 2015, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
That is a fairly accurate description of the state of the meal... :-)
The meat looks like taco bell ground beef. Haha
Old Aug 2, 2015, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kaka
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11A501 Safari/9537.53)

Considered lax nrt itm?
You can probably route SFO-LAX-NRT-ITM to max the miles.

LAX-NRT uses the new business class which is flat.

Depending where you are going in KIX area, ITM is MUCH MUCH more convenient(coming from someone who lives in ITM/KIX/UKB area).
Old Aug 2, 2015, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by fumitani
You can probably route SFO-LAX-NRT-ITM to max the miles.

LAX-NRT uses the new business class which is flat.

Depending where you are going in KIX area, ITM is MUCH MUCH more convenient(coming from someone who lives in ITM/KIX/UKB area).
The only thing though is, kix is a very easy airport to get through. Very fast, nrt can take a while since everyone goes through there. Also the itm flight arrives around 9pm. If you are wanting just the easiest and quickest, yes kix is the fastest.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 10:07 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
The only thing though is, kix is a very easy airport to get through. Very fast, nrt can take a while since everyone goes through there. Also the itm flight arrives around 9pm. If you are wanting just the easiest and quickest, yes kix is the fastest.
well I heard KIX immigration is getting worse thanks to the influx of Chinese tourists and KIX was not built to handle that many foreigners LOL Of course it depends on the arrival time. I guess I will find out myself in a month or two
Old Aug 2, 2015, 10:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, UA 1K, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by JALPak
well I heard KIX immigration is getting worse thanks to the influx of Chinese tourists and KIX was not built to handle that many foreigners LOL Of course it depends on the arrival time. I guess I will find out myself in a month or two
I concour... fortunately it only took me 30 minutes this week, but have heard upwards of 2 hrs. This will only continue as the Yen weakens
Old Aug 2, 2015, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by zxsuxr
I concour... fortunately it only took me 30 minutes this week, but have heard upwards of 2 hrs. This will only continue as the Yen weakens
Really??? Wow. There was nobody when we landed from lax. Got in around 4pm.not even a 10 minute wait.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 12:00 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Really??? Wow. There was nobody when we landed from lax. Got in around 4pm.not even a 10 minute wait.
You didn't use the foreigner line but yea the foreigner lines were very short as I was out almost at the same time as your. However, we stayed behind as the last ones to disembark LOL
Old Aug 3, 2015, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT 3MM, DL PM 2MM
JL Meals

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The UA main course in J. Sanshokudon 三色丼

Any pics of JL J meals? Thanks!
Old Aug 3, 2015, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bcj1949
Any pics of JL J meals? Thanks!
I have a couple... These are from LHR HND. Same category of flight.

Starters

Main

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.