Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

“AIR MOS BURGER★JAL SPECIAL” Introduced on Select Int'l Routes [Mar 1-Aug 31 2015]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“AIR MOS BURGER★JAL SPECIAL” Introduced on Select Int'l Routes [Mar 1-Aug 31 2015]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2015, 4:38 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum

http://press.jal.co.jp/en/release/201502/003270.html

Dates: March 1 2015 - August 31 2015
Routes:
NRT-LAX/SAN/ORD/BOS/JFK/FRA/CDG/HEL/SYD/YVR*
HND-LHR/CDG
KIX-LAX (from March 20 2015)

*NRT-YVR from June 1 2015
Old Feb 26, 2015, 4:39 am
Original Poster

Um...JAL is running out of ideas and have to change this every 6 months now? And why YVR from Jun instead of Mar?
Old Feb 26, 2015, 5:59 am

Well my wife will be happy about this one. Cool
You know they will run out of idea's, when they start putting AIR MCDONALDS or AIR TACOBELL on the flight.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I liked the Tokyo.Soup Stock. But the Most Burger was not a hit with me. I wonder if Air KFC will return as well....
Old Feb 26, 2015, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I liked the Tokyo.Soup Stock. But the Most Burger was not a hit with me. I wonder if Air KFC will return as well....
I don't care which one they offer i just want them to bring this back to the C and F a la carte menu so I can order it any time if I am not flying in Y/PY
Old Feb 27, 2015, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by JALPak
I don't care which one they offer i just want them to bring this back to the C and F a la carte menu so I can order it any time if I am not flying in Y/PY
Compared to the Cathay bacon cheese burger, the inflight Mos burger is not really up to the standards of a business class snack. Let alone a first class. They should bring in a proper burger instead....
Old Feb 27, 2015, 8:53 am

Compared to the Cathay bacon cheese burger, the inflight Mos burger is not really up to the standards of a business class snack. Let alone a first class. They should bring in a proper burger instead....
The Business class snack menu ex-North America is pathetic these days.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Well they are different styles of burger. And CX only load like 4 burgers total for the flight? You will be lucky to get one without fighting for it. Anyway I was referring to the AIR SERIES dishes, not just this one.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JALPak
Well they are different styles of burger. And CX only load like 4 burgers total for the flight? You will be lucky to get one without fighting for it. Anyway I was referring to the AIR SERIES dishes, not just this one.
They only load 4? I have only asked for it twice, but got it both times.... I must be a lucky guy.:-)
Old Feb 27, 2015, 3:16 pm
KPT

Programs: JAL Sapphire
I don't even understand why they would go about having this press release in English. MOS BURGER food isn't really suited to the non-Japanese palate. I've had it once and if I have it a second time, it's because I have no better options.

ANA's cheeseburger is OK.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

They only load 4? I have only asked for it twice, but got it both times.... I must be a lucky guy.:-)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...on-snacks.html
Old Feb 27, 2015, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KPT
I don't even understand why they would go about having this press release in English. MOS BURGER food isn't really suited to the non-Japanese palate. I've had it once and if I have it a second time, it's because I have no better options.

You don't enjoy it doesn't mean all non-Japanese won't either. MOS BURGER has overseas stores and they are quite popular in HK for example.

http://www.mos.co.jp/english/overseas/
Old Feb 27, 2015, 4:12 pm
KPT

Programs: JAL Sapphire

That's true. It's just different - in a way that makes this hamburger enthusiast unhappy

(To be fair to MOS BURGER, I think many fast food places fail to make good hamburgers due to cost and time pressures)
Old Feb 28, 2015, 8:36 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by KPT

As an American, I can assure you that MOS BURGER has many foreign fans.
Their product is of high quality, and I love the taste.

I always make a trip to MOS when I am in Tokyo, and also in Bangkok---There is one in the Central World shopping center.

IN-N-OUT burger is my favorite, but MOS BURGER is excellent as well!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.