Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Access to Sakura Lounge SFO> HND > KIX at Haneda?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2014, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

I'm looking a booking the above route in May and the SFO > HND route would be in J class, but the HND to KIX would be on Y.

What is the policy of lounge access in between flights when switching from international to domestic as well as classes? Will I even be allowed access? Also, my understanding is that the lounge is currently under renovations. Is there an ETA as to when this will be completed?
Old Oct 31, 2014, 10:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B142 Safari/8536.25)

Lounge is ok.
https://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/lounge/topics/2003_06/

Sakura lounge for domestics is ok, unaffected by (intl F lounge) works
Old Oct 31, 2014, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
The refurbishment of the international lounges at Haneda is completed. The last one to open was the F which opened beginning of September.

You will not have access to the international lounges upon arrival, as you will be sent directly to immigration, baggage claim and customs. The domestic departures are in another terminal and the lounges are (a lot?) more basic than the international versions.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 11:39 pm
Suspended

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B142 Safari/8536.25)

Is there any reason for you to be in kix instead of itm? You could probably ask to go on those hourly shuttle flights to itm instead and move on from there to save time.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for the information. We only have a two hour layover so we won't be utilizing the domestic lounge that much if we even have time.

I was looking at KIX instead of ITM as it appears I can catch a express train quite easily that will take me into Kyoto.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 4:50 pm
Suspended

http://www.okkbus.co.jp/en/timetable/itm/t_kyt.html

Limo bus to kyoto from itm every 20 mins fora 1-hr ride.

Not a bad option if you can change to itm when you get to the domestic terminal. Ud save money and time
Old Nov 10, 2014, 4:53 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
From HND, there are also many more departures (hourly) to ITM than to KIX should you decide to pop into Tokyo for a little while.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 8:29 pm

flying first class from SFO to NHD, have 5 hour layover with connecting flight in business to Singapore (plane does not offer First)
Will I be able to go to First class lounge?
Old Nov 11, 2014, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by swimbaby
flying first class from SFO to NHD, have 5 hour layover with connecting flight in business to Singapore (plane does not offer First)
Will I be able to go to First class lounge?
The Oneworld rules only allow the higher level of lounge when connecting between long-haul and short-haul. The cut off is 5 hours. HND to Singapore is longer, so your lounge access will be based on the class of Singapore flight, the business class lounge.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 2:09 pm

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The Oneworld rules only allow the higher level of lounge when connecting between long-haul and short-haul. The cut off is 5 hours. HND to Singapore is longer, so your lounge access will be based on the class of Singapore flight, the business class lounge.
um... SFO-HND is about 10 hours. HND-SIN is 6 hours 20.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 7:06 pm

Programs: JGC Sapphire
I might be wrong, but I believe what CHP-Flyer meant was.

HND-SIN is longer then 5 hours, therefore, it is a long-haul to long-haul flight. Connecting between long-haul and short-haul lounge access rule doesn't apply.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 7:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nshizuka25
I might be wrong, but I believe what CHP-Flyer meant was.

HND-SIN is longer then 5 hours, therefore, it is a long-haul to long-haul flight. Connecting between long-haul and short-haul lounge access rule doesn't apply.
Officially correct. But ive had awkwardly allowed lounge access that i wasn't quite qualified for. So just politely ask.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 3:07 am

Originally Posted by kaka
Officially correct. But ive had awkwardly allowed lounge access that i wasn't quite qualified for. So just politely ask.
FTers often know more than airline staff.^

Sometime you need to get a senior agent to get what you want. (e.g. you can ask CX HK Lounge to issue you a pass, so that you can leave departure area and re-join immigration queue to enter HK, junior agents never seem to know about this.)

So, I'm not surprised that some lounge agents doesn't know ow connection rules doesn't apply to HND-SIN.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 3:44 am

http://www.okkbus.co.jp/en/timetable/itm/t_kyt.html

Limo bus to kyoto from itm every 20 mins fora 1-hr ride.

Not a bad option if you can change to itm when you get to the domestic terminal. Ud save money and time
Assume absolutboy20 doesn't hold a Japanese passport / immigration status other than short-term visitor.

He could purchase the following ICOCA-Haruka set
https://www.westjr.co.jp/global/en/t.../icoca-haruka/
Take away the spendable e-money.
¥4060-(¥2000-¥500)=¥2560 round-trip (¥1280 per trip)
¥3030-(¥2000-¥500)=¥1530 one-way

Takes a little bit longer 55min (limo bus) vs 75min(Train).

But if you are a resident, it would cost ¥2580 (single ticket) on the Haruka Express train (Ouch!)
Old Nov 16, 2014, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Himeno
um... SFO-HND is about 10 hours. HND-SIN is 6 hours 20.
Exactly, long haul to long haul connection. And as per the rules then access based on the booked class on each flight.

One can always ask politely, sometimes you succeed sometimes you do not. However in Japan there is a tendency that all staff knows the rules very well, and do not deviate from them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.