Wiki Posts
Search

AA Award Booking Code / ticket category

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2014, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT
AA Award Booking Code / ticket category

Going back to Japan and getting a chance to fly JAL domestic for first time ever! Looking at HND-CTS and only finding Y and some J. Really want to do F. Any idea if AA award ticket on JAL is kiosk / airport upgradeable? I have never understood JALs inventory system.

I'm almost tempted to just book the tickets as they're quite affordable (even F) two months out.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 7:07 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Yes you can still upgrade at the airport by paying the surcharge but seats are very limited.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 10:38 pm

Programs: AA:1MM
Not sure how you're booking but AA cannot book J or F awards for Japan domestic flights...
Old Sep 3, 2014, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT
Actually AA can book J, it was available near my dates, but I just booked the Y anyway to have it. I'll just keep looking to get more in the future. My flights are Y/J only 3049 and 1162 in October.

I'm flying SEA->DFW->CTS so finishing in J would be nice... but I won't know what way is up at that point.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 1:27 am

Programs: AA:1MM
Originally Posted by dnova
Actually AA can book J, it was available near my dates, but I just booked the Y anyway to have it. I'll just keep looking to get more in the future. My flights are Y/J only 3049 and 1162 in October.

I'm flying SEA->DFW->CTS so finishing in J would be nice... but I won't know what way is up at that point.
NRT to CTS in J? This is news. I book biz class redemptions multiple times a year and every time they tell me the in-Japan sectors can only be in Y.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA PLT
My husband and I are flying on an AA award ticket next week DFW to NRT. Then we are going on to CTS. I have been told multiple times that you cannot book NRT to CTS in J on an AA award ticket. They didn't say anything about dates. The agents have just told me that it is against the rules. If this is not true, I will call back again as we are now a week out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.