Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Expanded International Sakura Lounge at HND and Improved Int'l-Domestic Connections

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Expanded International Sakura Lounge at HND and Improved Int'l-Domestic Connections

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2014, 4:36 pm

Programs: SPG, MR, Aeroplan, UAMP, BAEC

Inside undivided F section on both 4 & 5 floors, Champagne Marie Weiss Brut was placed yesterday.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Oorinara
Inside undivided F section on both 4 & 5 floors, Champagne Marie Weiss Brut was placed yesterday.
That's an improvement since I was there. Last couple of trips where Narita based, so have not been since mid June.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Has anyone heard rumours of a specific opening date for the renovated F lounge. We are in August, so a few more details than 'end of August' should be available.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 4:39 am

Programs: EB, JMB, A3, HH
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Has anyone heard rumours of a specific opening date for the renovated F lounge. We are in August, so a few more details than 'end of August' should be available.
I was in the Sakura lounge at HND a couple of days ago, and I asked one of the staff at the front desk when the F lounge would open. She then replied that it would be finished 29th of August. Haven't been able to confirm this, but sounds likely
Old Aug 27, 2014, 11:35 pm

Programs: JL JGC Diamond, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Gold, World of Hyatt Explorist
Press Release is out for the opening of JL's F Lounge which is tomorrow 29 August. English details not yet available.

https://www.jal.co.jp/inter/lounge/hnd_first/

*RED Suite - 4 themes located at the far-end corner of the F Lounge - Library, Bar, Gallery and Play Rooms
*So there will be shoe shine service at the RED Suite in collaboration with John Lobb.
*Enhanced dining menu - chefs cooking for you "special" pancakes in the morning and Wagyu/Pork Hamburg Steak
*Free massage will also be available aside from the massage chairs

Meanwhile Narita's Main F Lounge will have sushi chefs to make nigiri sushi.

F Lounge menu until 30 Sep can be found here below

https://www.jal.co.jp/inter/lounge/pdf/first/food.pdf

Last edited by musashino22; Aug 28, 2014 at 12:42 am
Old Aug 28, 2014, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by musashino22
Press Release is out for the opening of JL's F Lounge which is tomorrow 29 August. English details not yet available.

*RED Suite - 4 themes located at the far-end corner of the F Lounge - Library, Bar, Gallery and Play Rooms
*So there will be shoe shine service at the RED Suite in collaboration with John Lobb.
*Enhanced dining menu - chefs cooking for you "special" pancakes in the morning and Wagyu/Pork Hamburger

It look very nice, looking forward to test it soon.

On a linguistic note, what the chefs will be offering in the evenings is not a hamburger in the internationally understood sense as a meat patty in a bun. But the in Japan quite comon "Hamburg Steak". Press release says "hanbaagu", not "hanbaagaa" (transcriped from katakana)
Old Aug 28, 2014, 12:42 am

Programs: JL JGC Diamond, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Gold, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
It look very nice, looking forward to test it soon.

On a linguistic note, what the chefs will be offering in the evenings is not a hamburger in the internationally understood sense as a meat patty in a bun. But the in Japan quite comon "Hamburg Steak". Press release says "hanbaagu", not "hanbaagaa" (transcriped from katakana)
lol. Thanks for the correction. This is one of the effects of living for a while in Japan where one makes linguistic errors more often due too many katakana/japanized english. Correcting my comment above.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 1:10 am

Programs: JMB Diamond,NH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, IHG Royal Ambassador Spire,

*Enhanced dining menu - chefs cooking for you "special" pancakes in the morning and Wagyu/Pork Hamburg Steak

looks great. The sakura J lounge was perfectly pleasant during the renovations if a bit crowded downstairs so looking forward to trying the new F lounge next month
Old Aug 28, 2014, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

lol. Thanks for the correction. This is one of the effects of living for a while in Japan where one makes linguistic errors more often due too many katakana/japanized english. Correcting my comment above.
Katakana is sometimes terrible to get the right word out of. Particularly when dealing with a french menu. ;-)
Old Aug 28, 2014, 8:27 am

Some pictures of the lounge were uploaded by JL on their official FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/jal.japan/p...type=1&theater
Old Sep 16, 2014, 3:39 pm

Can someone help translate the times on the dinner menu? https://www.jal.co.jp/inter/lounge/pdf/first/food.pdf

5-10pm; 5-9pm; 10pm-

Are these locations? Are only certain items offered within each of the timeslots? Thanks.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 3:54 pm

I'm not Japanese but I was able to make out the following

Narita Main Wing 3rd Floor
Breakfast: 0730-1100
Lunch: 1100-1700
Dinner: 1700-2200

Narita Main Wing 4th Floor
Breakfast: 0730-1230
Lunch and Dinner - No info (closed?)

Narita Satellite
Dinner: 1700-1900

Haneda
Breakfast: 0430-1100 (Sky View: 0600-1200)
Lunch: 1100-2000
Dinner: 2200-Close (What happened to 2000-2200?) (Something about Skyview which I can't read)

H: Haneda only
N: Narita only
S: Narita satellite only
B: Breakfast only
D: Dinner only
Old Sep 16, 2014, 5:55 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Originally Posted by stargold
Haneda
Dinner: 2200-Close (What happened to 2000-2200?) (Something about Skyview which I can't read)
The Skyview lounge isn't open during the afternoons and evenings -- only during the morning peak time of European departures.

I guess that during the slow period of 20:00-22:00 they only have the items listed on the last page.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stargold
I'm not Japanese but I was able to make out the following

Narita Main Wing 3rd Floor
Dinner: 1700-2200

Narita Main Wing 4th Floor
Breakfast: 0730-1230
Lunch and Dinner - No info (closed?)

Narita Satellite
Dinner: 1700-1900

Haneda

H: Haneda only
N: Narita only
S: Narita satellite only
B: Breakfast only
D: Dinner only
The note just says that the Skyview lounge is not open at that time.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 6:14 pm

Programs: SPG, MR, Aeroplan, UAMP, BAEC

Went to newly renovated HND F lounge last week. Appreciated Attentive staff, massage chair and Champagne (brand forgotten). Sky view lounge has F section with no barrier and no significant difference from C section. Better to visit proper F lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.