Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Rumor: JL to restart KIX-LAX in 2015? [Now Confirmed]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rumor: JL to restart KIX-LAX in 2015? [Now Confirmed]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2015, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by JALPak
I can't sleep on the plane even in F so arriving at night works better for me Not that I would want to fly on AA over JAL though.
Yeah I can't sleep either. Its too much fun for me when I fly. Especially in first class. Although enough if I have 3 or 4 glasses of Salon, or wine I will sleep like a baby. HAHA
Old Jan 25, 2015, 3:16 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by brabb12
Yeah I can't sleep either. Its too much fun for me when I fly. Especially in first class. Although enough if I have 3 or 4 glasses of Salon, or wine I will sleep like a baby. HAHA
Then why would an earlier arrival be better for your jet lag? Wouldn't you be dead tired when you arrive?

I am still on the fence and asked my agent to extend my booking. The 6 hour layover to HND is no fun. The other option would be flying out super early next morning which isn't that much better. Ok technically I could fly on CX codeshare but that would be my last resort.

By the way, I hope there's no delay on your flight. Reliability seems to be better now but KIX doesn't have that much spare 788. Wouldn't it be nice if the 788 goes tech and JAL will fly a SS8 to KIX for the launch flight LOL I know, keep dreaming lol
https://www.jal.com/cms/en/corp_00229.html
Old Jan 26, 2015, 5:26 pm

Another reason not to take this flight would be the reduced a la carte menu on 788 flight. It will has less light meal options compared to the 777-300ER flight
Old Jan 26, 2015, 5:47 pm

Another reason not to take this flight would be the reduced a la carte menu on 788 flight. It will has less light meal options compared to the 777-300ER flight
Well after the first time of trying the flight, maybe we will just go back to the NRT option or try hnd. Have to try everything at least once.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 5:59 pm

Well after the first time of trying the flight, maybe we will just go back to the NRT option or try hnd. Have to try everything at least once.
I still haven't ticketed it yet. I hate it the inaugural is on a Friday. Otherwise there's a good weekday X fare right now and I would have jumped on that. The difference is USD1000 one-way for weekend vs weekday Even Y is more expensive on Friday which I usually avoid. Are you sure you want to do the long transit again? Isn't it 19 hours vs 14?
Old Jan 26, 2015, 8:51 pm

I still haven't ticketed it yet. I hate it the inaugural is on a Friday. Otherwise there's a good weekday X fare right now and I would have jumped on that. The difference is USD1000 one-way for weekend vs weekday Even Y is more expensive on Friday which I usually avoid. Are you sure you want to do the long transit again? Isn't it 19 hours vs 14?
Yeah its a lot quicker to go through kansai. Also going through narita means spending the night in a hotel. Also I cant change dates there is no more award space for those dates. I checked a few days ago and there was no award space.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 9:19 pm

Yeah its a lot quicker to go through kansai. Also going through narita means spending the night in a hotel. Also I cant change dates there is no more award space for those dates. I checked a few days ago and there was no award space.
What award space?
Old Jan 26, 2015, 10:15 pm

What award space?
We bought our tickets using AA MILES.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 5:42 pm

One more window seat gone on first LAX-KIX flight. Not much window seats left if you want sunlight for the entire flight
Old Jan 27, 2015, 6:46 pm

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
One more window seat gone on first LAX-KIX flight. Not much window seats left if you want sunlight for the entire flight
Don't the cabin attendants politely force everyone to shut their windows anyway...?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by joejones
Don't the cabin attendants politely force everyone to shut their windows anyway...?
It doesn't go completely dark thanks to the innovative electronic window shades I believe there are limited number of sticky window shades available because of this.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 8:33 am

It doesn't go completely dark thanks to the innovative electronic window shades I believe there are limited number of sticky window shades available because of this.
Good thing I bring a eye mask and ear plugs.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 12:04 pm

Good thing I bring a eye mask and ear plugs.
The amenity kit has both of them lol
Old Jan 28, 2015, 12:17 pm

The amenity kit has both of them lol
Yeah but I save the amenity kits as gifts for friends.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 12:19 pm

Yeah but I save the amenity kits as gifts for friends.
don't forget to bring duct tape

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.