Using JAL points on EK

Old Nov 12, 2015, 8:46 am

It looks like the issue with JAL looking up EK award space has now been resolved. Sadly, award tickets are no longer available on my travel date. Well, on to the waiting game again.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 11:26 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Can I presume that there is still no YQ on Emirates awards?
Old Nov 29, 2015, 5:23 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Titanium
one way awards on EK?

I'm thinking of trying to book AMS > DXB > HKG on EK in F using JAL miles (transferred from SPG). I'm a little confused about one-way award costs. On the T&C page (http://www.jal.co.jp/en/jalmile/use/partner_air/p_jmb/) it says "One-way trips are permitted," and there is a distance-based award chart. Per that (distance is 6,904 miles), the cost of the award would be 100,000 miles.

However, on the EK-specific award page (https://www.jal.co.jp/en/jalmile/use...k/ek_mile.html), it says, "Round-trip mileage is required even if travel is one-way." So does this award cost 100,000 or 200,000 miles? If the latter, is there a better airline to use to book this award? I think Alaska is out, since the award doesn't start or end in North America.

Many thanks.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 9:17 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, IHG Amb Diamond
Originally Posted by AirD0c
I'm thinking of trying to book AMS > DXB > HKG on EK in F using JAL miles (transferred from SPG). I'm a little confused about one-way award costs. On the T&C page (http://www.jal.co.jp/en/jalmile/use/partner_air/p_jmb/) it says "One-way trips are permitted," and there is a distance-based award chart. Per that (distance is 6,904 miles), the cost of the award would be 100,000 miles.

However, on the EK-specific award page (https://www.jal.co.jp/en/jalmile/use...k/ek_mile.html), it says, "Round-trip mileage is required even if travel is one-way." So does this award cost 100,000 or 200,000 miles? If the latter, is there a better airline to use to book this award? I think Alaska is out, since the award doesn't start or end in North America.

Many thanks.
I called the JAL service center to do a test booking for DXB-SYD. They were able to create a one-way booking at 100K, as expected. However they couldn't give the final tax amount without an actual booking, so I'm not sure what that would be.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 10:43 am

Hi I'm considering bringing parents from India to USA on Emirates business class booked through JAL MB.

Not understanding the info on the JAL website regarding this but wanted to find out if theres what the change/cancel fees are as applicable, in case parents want to shorten or extend their visit (date change) after they are already here, so the itenarary would've already started.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 7:45 am

The answer to the question above is there are no change fees if you are just moving dates, and redeposit fees are low. Around $30.

If I'm looking on Expert Flyer for economy space, do I want Economy Saver or Economy Partner? I would think the later, but when I cross reference against AS or Qantas site, they don't show that space.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 2:50 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by Peridot83
The answer to the question above is there are no change fees if you are just moving dates, and redeposit fees are low. Around $30.

If I'm looking on Expert Flyer for economy space, do I want Economy Saver or Economy Partner? I would think the later, but when I cross reference against AS or Qantas site, they don't show that space.
create an EK ffp account and search on the EK site. much faster
Old Apr 17, 2016, 7:42 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
I just transferred some spg to jal for a redemption..... been 7 days and no miles yet for a data point.

Anyway my question is if you book with JAL miles do all flights have to be on EK planes? There are some destinations that i'd like to reach beyond their network for my routing.

Also for a one way award, you can do 2 stopovers or 1 each direction? Thanks
Old Apr 19, 2016, 12:02 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by schley
I just transferred some spg to jal for a redemption..... been 7 days and no miles yet for a data point.

Anyway my question is if you book with JAL miles do all flights have to be on EK planes? There are some destinations that i'd like to reach beyond their network for my routing.

Also for a one way award, you can do 2 stopovers or 1 each direction? Thanks
http://www.jal.co.jp/en/jalmile/use/partner_air/p_jmb/
Old Apr 21, 2016, 12:28 am

Hello , I searched the thread and website for an answer but didn't find it, does Jal allow you to book award tickets for persons not related to you, I had heard they had the same restriction as Korean where you must be related, wanting to book EK tickets for me and my girlfriend and wanted to make sure. Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 21, 2016, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by extremeromance
Hello , I searched the thread and website for an answer but didn't find it, does Jal allow you to book award tickets for persons not related to you, I had heard they had the same restriction as Korean where you must be related, wanting to book EK tickets for me and my girlfriend and wanted to make sure. Thanks in advance!
https://www.ar.jal.com/ar/en/jalmile.../info_001.html
Old Apr 21, 2016, 12:41 am

Thanks, do you know how they go about verifying your relationship to the person you are booking for in practice
Old Apr 21, 2016, 9:34 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by extremeromance
Thanks, do you know how they go about verifying your relationship to the person you are booking for in practice
same link. Please read through bro!

Quote:
*If a person other than the member will be using the award, the designated user may be required to show proof of the relationship to the member.

Same family name should not raise eyebrows.
Also, same itinerary with your +1 (or +2?) should not raise eyebrows.

Otherwise, you would need to send in copies of birth certs showing common parents for siblings, marriage cert(s) etc. Not worth the hustle unless you have them ready should you be challenged. Just transfer points to an account in the actual user's name...
Old Apr 26, 2016, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
same link. Please read through bro!

Quote:
*If a person other than the member will be using the award, the designated user may be required to show proof of the relationship to the member.

Same family name should not raise eyebrows.
Also, same itinerary with your +1 (or +2?) should not raise eyebrows.

Otherwise, you would need to send in copies of birth certs showing common parents for siblings, marriage cert(s) etc. Not worth the hustle unless you have them ready should you be challenged. Just transfer points to an account in the actual user's name...
How would they verify if the other person is ur boyfriend/girlfriend?
Old Apr 26, 2016, 1:19 am

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
How would they verify if the other person is ur boyfriend/girlfriend?
They don't have to as you cannot redeem for your boyfriend or girlfriend.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.