Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

JAL SS7 roll out schedule and official seat map

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 21, 2015, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JALPak
You also find the most updated schedule on: http://www.jal.co.jp/en/inflight/inter/rosen/

NRT-LHR
SS7 will be in operation on odd-numbered dates in January 2013 starting from the 9th and even-numbered dates in February 2013. Daily SS7 service is scheduled to start on February 26, 2013. This route will be transferred to HND-LHR on March 30 2014 and will continue to be operated with SS7.

HND-LHR
From March 30 2014.

NRT-JFK
SS7 will be rolled out to NRT-JFK route from May 1 2013, initially on alternate days only (according to the official announcement post on the website). This will turn into daily service from May 21 2013.

NRT-CDG
JAL will roll out SS7 to NRT-CDG route from Jul 8 2013, initially on alternate days only until Aug 15 2013 when this will become a daily service. SS7 service will end when day-time HND-CDG operated by SS7 starts on March 30 2014.

HND-CDG
From March 30 2014.

NRT-LAX
From November 10 2013

NRT-ORD
From January 16 2014. Initially on alternate days only. This will turn into daily service from Feb 20 2014.

NRT-FRA
From Oct 25, 2015 this will be replaced by SS9 service.
From Mar 29 2015, SS7 daily service will return.
From April 5 2014. Initially on alternate days only. This will turn into daily service from May 17 2014. This will be replaced by SS8 from Dec 1 2014

NRT-CGK
From Oct 25 2015, SS7 service will return.
From June 14, 2014. This will be replaced by 6x SS9 1x SS8 service from July 1 2015

HND-SFO
From December 1, 2014.

NRT-SYD
From Oct 25 (26 for JL772), SS7 service will return.
From December 1, 2014 till Mar 28 2015. This will be replaced by daily 777-200ER.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:58 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum

Now that we have an official seat map and roll out date, please use this thread to discuss your seat preference, configuration related topics and roll out schedule. For the seat designs and new inflight service, you can refer to the existing thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jal-m...an-2013-a.html

Seat Map: http://www.jal.co.jp/en/aircraft/conf/777.html

W83 config *[Update: JAL has updated the seat map. 8 of the seats at the back are not assignable on international flights because of narrower than advertised seat pitch]

W84 config

Press Release: http://press.jal.co.jp/en/release/201211/002305.html

And I have pointed out some obvious changes in the configuration compared to previous configurations on my blog.

Last edited by JALPak; Jan 21, 2015 at 6:44 am
Old Nov 2, 2012, 2:02 am

What am I missing? I can count 143 Y seats while JAL advertises there are 135 Y seats.

Edit: I read your blog mentioning changes in the configuration. I thought moving or adding lavatory is very hard once they are installed. I guess the refurbishing work is from W73 rather than W82, which has identical lavatory locations. Exceptions are 2 behind L3 which can be simply removed, and 2 behind L2 which might be actually located in front of L2 if I pull up seatmap of those flights. For the one behind cockpit, I have no idea. I expect there will be slightly different seatmap once W82 begins refurbishing. I might be wrong, though.

Last edited by bobbybrown; Nov 2, 2012 at 2:16 am
Old Nov 2, 2012, 2:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bobbybrown
What am I missing? I can count 143 Y seats while JAL advertises there are 135 Y seats.

Edit: I read your blog mentioning changes in the configuration. I thought moving or adding lavatory is very hard once they are installed. I guess the refurbishing work is from W73 rather than W82, which has identical lavatory locations. Exceptions are 2 behind L3 which can be simply removed, and 2 behind L2 which might be actually located in front of L2 if I pull up seatmap of those flights. For the one behind cockpit, I have no idea. I expect there will be slightly different seatmap once W82 begins refurbishing. I might be wrong, though.
You are actually correct. I counted it for a couple of times and even use a different seat map that's easier to count, I also got 143 seats in Y. On the japanese version of the SS7 site, JAL puts a remark next to 135 explaining that is the number of int'l Y seat sold. Not sure if that means there will be some unsold seats or there's a mistake on the seat map itself.

Yes, the first SS7 is retrofitted from W73. I am not sure if they will have a different config for the W82 retrofits though...if they can remove L3 lavs and add lav near cockpit, they can probably do the same for the rest of the lavs too?
Old Nov 2, 2012, 3:44 am
Original Poster

The W83 seat map is no longer showing on the 777-300ER page but the image is still available on the web
Old Nov 2, 2012, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by JALPak
The W83 seat map is no longer showing on the 777-300ER page but the image is still available on the web
Interesting. They must have found the error in Y seats By the way, why no bassinet on the new business class.

I'm not sure if JAL has kept moving lavatories when refurbishing fleets. This is not standard, and any airlines want to reduce this risk (and cost) as much as possible. We'll see, though.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 8:09 am

Launch Schedule
NRT-LHR Route
SS7 will be in operation on odd-numbered dates in January 2013 and even-numbered dates in February 2013. Daily SS7 service is scheduled to start before end of February, 2013.
EF shows the new config as flying from 9th January onwards - 1, 3, 5 and 7 January show the old config still.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 9:48 am

FWIW, I just booked 2 award seats NRT-ORD for 9/21/13 and I was assigned 2D/2G. According to the map, there is no 2G on the current config, which would mean they anticipate the SS7 would be flying NRT-ORD by Sept 2013. Let's hope!

(BTW: Hats off to JL for making 2 award seats available in a 8 passenger cabin. I have been a MM flyer with UA for over a decade and getting 2 award tx on ANA, LH, or SQ has been become increasingly difficult. And then, when I get on the plane and see 10 empty seats of out 12, it makes me furious. rant: off)
Old Nov 4, 2012, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by sfpaul900
FWIW, I just booked 2 award seats NRT-ORD for 9/21/13 and I was assigned 2D/2G. According to the map, there is no 2G on the current config, which would mean they anticipate the SS7 would be flying NRT-ORD by Sept 2013. Let's hope!

(BTW: Hats off to JL for making 2 award seats available in a 8 passenger cabin. I have been a MM flyer with UA for over a decade and getting 2 award tx on ANA, LH, or SQ has been become increasingly difficult. And then, when I get on the plane and see 10 empty seats of out 12, it makes me furious. rant: off)
It's interesting how JL who used to be SO stingy with F space has a lot more now.
I see space in many months in to LAX/ORD.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 4:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stargold
EF shows the new config as flying from 9th January onwards - 1, 3, 5 and 7 January show the old config still.
Yes it's from jan 9 which I forgot to it there lol
Old Nov 4, 2012, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Sorry to disappoint you there IS 2G in the current W82 config
Old Nov 6, 2012, 1:00 pm

Sorry to disappoint you there IS 2G in the current W82 config
Sigh. I knew it was too good to be true
Old Nov 6, 2012, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Sigh. I knew it was too good to be true
well JAL Suite 2.0 just has bigger screen and the wooden trim...well MAGIC-V vs MAGIC-III. Other than that you aren't missing much
Old Nov 7, 2012, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

OK I got an answer from JAL and has updated my blog post with the explanation. Basically 8 seats at the back have 31" pitch and therefore not sold on international flights
Old Dec 12, 2012, 1:19 am
Original Poster

The seat map has been updated to clearly mark which 8 seats won't be sold on international flights
Old Dec 12, 2012, 7:02 pm

Very interesting. Those last 4 rows will be very popular, especially 56 C & H, the single seats. Hopefully those with lap child can get those seats with priority. Must be better than a bassinet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.