Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

JAL SS7 roll out schedule and official seat map

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 21, 2015, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JALPak
You also find the most updated schedule on: http://www.jal.co.jp/en/inflight/inter/rosen/

NRT-LHR
SS7 will be in operation on odd-numbered dates in January 2013 starting from the 9th and even-numbered dates in February 2013. Daily SS7 service is scheduled to start on February 26, 2013. This route will be transferred to HND-LHR on March 30 2014 and will continue to be operated with SS7.

HND-LHR
From March 30 2014.

NRT-JFK
SS7 will be rolled out to NRT-JFK route from May 1 2013, initially on alternate days only (according to the official announcement post on the website). This will turn into daily service from May 21 2013.

NRT-CDG
JAL will roll out SS7 to NRT-CDG route from Jul 8 2013, initially on alternate days only until Aug 15 2013 when this will become a daily service. SS7 service will end when day-time HND-CDG operated by SS7 starts on March 30 2014.

HND-CDG
From March 30 2014.

NRT-LAX
From November 10 2013

NRT-ORD
From January 16 2014. Initially on alternate days only. This will turn into daily service from Feb 20 2014.

NRT-FRA
From Oct 25, 2015 this will be replaced by SS9 service.
From Mar 29 2015, SS7 daily service will return.
From April 5 2014. Initially on alternate days only. This will turn into daily service from May 17 2014. This will be replaced by SS8 from Dec 1 2014

NRT-CGK
From Oct 25 2015, SS7 service will return.
From June 14, 2014. This will be replaced by 6x SS9 1x SS8 service from July 1 2015

HND-SFO
From December 1, 2014.

NRT-SYD
From Oct 25 (26 for JL772), SS7 service will return.
From December 1, 2014 till Mar 28 2015. This will be replaced by daily 777-200ER.
Print Wikipost

JAL SS7 roll out schedule and official seat map

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2014, 10:58 am

777 v.2 Sky Suite - 2 - 3 - 2

hello. So now that I am going to oneworld from STAR i need to learn all of my favorite seats again.

I will be flying JAL from LAX - NRT - PVG in business class. It seems that the A & K seats are the most private, though they are gone so trying to decide in the E seat (middle of the three in middle) is a good seat or too cramped. The pictures make it seem that there is not enough storage like the others, as all the other seats seem to have storage behind the head of the other seat. Is this more cramped, or better as it is very very private.

If anyone can give me suggestions / pros / cons on the best seat(s) in this configuration I would be most grateful.

Thanks,
Old Apr 8, 2014, 11:14 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
We already have a thread to discuss about seats on SS7. Please refer there for info and questions.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan...-seat-map.html
Old Apr 8, 2014, 11:51 am

Middle - Middle

I looked through the thread, stil trying to get a feel for the middle - middl seat in the center. does it have the same personal and storage space as the isle seats. I could not fine this noted in the thread. thank you.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tonygreggaz
I looked through the thread, stil trying to get a feel for the middle - middl seat in the center. does it have the same personal and storage space as the isle seats. I could not fine this noted in the thread. thank you.
Not every seat has that storage space behind headrest. Only the middle seats and the window seats have them. Aisle seats has side storage instead. Personally i like windows seat more.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 10:03 am

Programs: AA:1MM
Originally Posted by JALPak
Not every seat has that storage space behind headrest. Only the middle seats and the window seats have them. Aisle seats has side storage instead. Personally i like windows seat more.

I prefer the aisle storage feature myself... but my wife seems fine with the window.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 7:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by virmaior
I prefer the aisle storage feature myself... but my wife seems fine with the window.
I don't mind the window/middle one either. There are whole much of areas for small items like camera on the side either without the side storage.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 10:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Montacute
Does anyone have an answer to this? Does the partition in the middle seats definitely slide down?
I feel sorry for the construction of this thread - the F seats should have their own thread cuz inwasnt gonna go thru the 13 pages to weed out F seat problems so i could see for myself. Anyways

I flew nrt-fra in new f a couple of days ago- im under the impression that they have designed the middle seats for couples. As musashino22 said, it slides all the way to the bottom and it would b quite "open". That is way easier than doing across the asile or having both window seats. However they have the ottoman seatbelts so i think problem can easily b solved for the non-sleeping part of flight.

Then again, you could move the seat all the way to the forward so you can look across the asile. I tried that and can easily look across sideways (9 o'clock direction) and that was fine. Best option if 1 person wants window seats.
Front- back seats would be hard for converaing sine the seat/suite is pretty long and boeings are noisy u might have to speak up. Anything ive missed?

Last edited by kaka; Apr 14, 2014 at 10:21 pm
Old Apr 14, 2014, 10:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by bennyblanco
Has anyone experienced the SS7 on ORD->NRT yet? How is it looking? How is the Wifi?

Thank you.
In C or F? I feel sorry this thread is a mixed pot for everything.

Wifi was fine for my nrt-fra. Short (5mins max) disruption when we entered russia and a longer (20-25mins) when we were entering germany. Otgerwise its speedy. I was streaming radio (cuz JL IFE especially music choice sucked big time)- and could upload a few pics to fb and whatsapp st the same time. However i couldnt share the internet from iphone4S (unjailbroken) to macbook thru the usb cable or BT since each account is only restricted to 1 device at a time.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 10:29 pm
Suspended

Ok i find this real distruptive. I suggest keeping this thread for general anf business class issues and have a new thread for SS7 F issues. Hopefully mod can help moving old posts over since this title of the thread is greatly off topic to its contents already.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 10:59 pm
Original Poster

JAL moves up the daily SS7 rollout on NRT-FRA route to May 17 2014
Old May 10, 2014, 12:51 pm

Has anyone sat in Y? Trying to determine whether it is better to be in the back rows with a blocked middle seat (more width) or to try for an exit row seat. Not as smooth a flight in the back. Are there any IFE boxes in the underseat area? Flying NRT-LAX.
Old May 11, 2014, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by headinclouds
Has anyone sat in Y? Trying to determine whether it is better to be in the back rows with a blocked middle seat (more width) or to try for an exit row seat. Not as smooth a flight in the back. Are there any IFE boxes in the underseat area? Flying NRT-LAX.
They are only blocked if it is W83
Old May 11, 2014, 7:17 pm

Programs: JL JGC Diamond, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Gold, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by JALPak
They are only blocked if it is W83
And you cannot pre-select during online check-in. So go to the airport early if you want to grab these seats.
Old May 13, 2014, 8:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum
Question Row 1 or 2?

I realize that they are not that different, but what are people's thoughts on whether to book 1D/G vs. 2D/G?

Is galley noise a concern with 1D/G? Would noise from row 5 be a concern with 2D/G?

What separates row 5 from row 2 - it looks quite close on the seat maps.

Thanks!
Old May 13, 2014, 10:14 pm

Programs: JL JGC Diamond, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Gold, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Jish
I realize that they are not that different, but what are people's thoughts on whether to book 1D/G vs. 2D/G?

Is galley noise a concern with 1D/G? Would noise from row 5 be a concern with 2D/G?

What separates row 5 from row 2 - it looks quite close on the seat maps.

Thanks!
Not at all on either side. A curtain and divider separates rows 2 and 5. Take note that awards are usually assigned seats on row 2, I think. Other members can correct me if I'm wrong though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.