Experience on JAL 787 BOS-NRT?

Old Mar 12, 2015, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
I flew it recently. Service was not particularly attentive. I like NH better. NH's menu also seems more interesting and NH FAs seem to try harder. Those NEO sliding seats are, of course, much inferior to NH's full-flat seats. On the other hand, NH doesn't fly nonstop BOS-NRT.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 8:01 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Biggest issue with BOS-NRT in my view is the crummy J seat. It's new and yet a generation old. I connect through NY or ORD to NRT each and every time to get the new J seat.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by Ceasy
Biggest issue with BOS-NRT in my view is the crummy J seat. It's new and yet a generation old. I connect through NY or ORD to NRT each and every time to get the new J seat.
Is the crummy J seat still an issue on JAL 8 (NRT-BOS)? I've booked 4 seats in J for this flight for my family for next year, but might reconsider options if consensus is that it's an uncomfortable seat. Thanks in advance for any recent experiences!
Old Aug 11, 2017, 11:11 am

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
The flight now has Sky Suite seats. For a family, these are far better than ANA's Business Staggered seats (you can lower the partition and easily see/talk to the person next to you).
Old Aug 11, 2017, 11:20 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by joejones
The flight now has Sky Suite seats. For a family, these are far better than ANA's Business Staggered seats (you can lower the partition and easily see/talk to the person next to you).
I don't think he's comparing with NH
Old Aug 11, 2017, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by JALPak
I don't think he's comparing with NH
Thanks. Yes, the Sky Suite update is the point -- my searching turned up this old thread, when JAL 8 used an older business class seat, which one poster described as "crummy". It's relatively hard to find 4 J seats, so I was happy to get them, and then temporarily disappointed when I saw that post. All is good though -- I see it's a good hard product now. Thanks!
Old Aug 16, 2017, 1:06 pm

Programs: JMB Sapphire
Originally Posted by rbw5t
Thanks. Yes, the Sky Suite update is the point -- my searching turned up this old thread, when JAL 8 used an older business class seat, which one poster described as "crummy". It's relatively hard to find 4 J seats, so I was happy to get them, and then temporarily disappointed when I saw that post. All is good though -- I see it's a good hard product now. Thanks!
I've flown the new Sky Suites on that route (BOS <-> NRT) several times since they were added and they are quite nice. Easily equal to many other top-tier J products. You'll have a great time.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 9:01 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by himekat
I've flown the new Sky Suites on that route (BOS <-> NRT) several times since they were added and they are quite nice. Easily equal to many other top-tier J products. You'll have a great time.
+2 (have flown this route twice this year in J)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.