Trip Report (JL950, 2 sundays ago):
I had the opportunity to fly in exec class due to luggage space and sleeping requirements on other legs of the trip.
To avoid being OT, i'd report on the flight.
1) Arrival into Departure hall from Airport Bus (06.30)- All good, sound and safe from the KE airport buses. Avoided the dreaded long queue for Y, and got whisked to the C checkin desks.
2) Checkin was quick and easy. Boarding passes handed out. BUT Sakura Lounge was crossed out, with KAL lounge written. Whoops.
3) Immigration was easy, short wait till tax refunds are open.
4) Train to Satellite Terminal. does exactly what it says on the tin. takes me there, nth fancy
5) quickly dropped by CX lounge at 07.10, as permitted by OW rules. Totally empty. Got some fruits and sushi. Also saw cup noodles, and light snacks like sandwich. There are some computer terminals. Did not use them so dont know the speed.
6) went to KAL lounge as suggested by the BP. Total disgrace as a lounge at airline base. No wonder they are in Skyteam. There's alcohol, some drinks (as in any other lounge that isnt domestic or contracted), and some lousy sausages, scrambled eggs and hash. No pictures were taken as they would be a waste of my memory space. There's also some salad (greens, and potato salad) in the lounge. from the looks of it, that's the only half decent food from airport to airport, without needing to pay extra.(Note below)
7) Got on JL(B767) , as usual, there's slippers. Comfy (sort of, compared with having nothing)
8) Was there welcome drinks? I dont remember. But I asked for a glass of water and was given one. Someone in C was late and doors closed and pushed back as they boarded. slight delay which i can live by.
9) plane took off and flight was uneventful.
10) Breakfast served. Porridge was awful. there was rice (ok), but it was watery and had a few pieces of diced meat - or ground, i cant tell, it tasted of salt and no taste of meat. Also, it felt like dice to the teeth. Surrounding it was water from porridge. Was there some fruits too? Maybe.
11) Nonstop chattering from seat 1C of some certain race which may not be disclosed here. So loud that I can hear the convo at 4K - I dont think it would make much difference if i were seated at 5K. after talking with 1D he started talking to 2C. terrible manners. should be banned from flying.
12) flight arrived narita. luggage duly arrived, and those they were tagged thru was tagged thru.
I would not pay cash to fly on this flight, unless its part of a longer trip, or using points. It's terrible from the moment I was told to go to KAL lounge till i get off the plane. The loud passenger may have helped this decision but it seems like I would be better off not given the meal all together.
The meal have been crowned Junk de Sky Status by the gods of flying.