Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Corona related JAL announcements page link.
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2020/other/200228/

Just to kick start a wiki, with answers to frequent questions.
1. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. NGO-HNL is booked in business class, but HND-NGO is in economy. Will we still get the baggage allowance as if we're flying business class the whole way?
A: Yes. written here (link)
2. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. Will we have lounge access in HND?
A. Definitely, within the lounge access rules of course. written here (link)
Print Wikipost

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Old Aug 4, 2015, 2:48 am

I have a ORD-NRT-BKK flight booked on an AA ticket, with AA codes. JAL says only AA can choose my seats, AA says contact JAL.

I have both my AA, BA (from other segments) and JL confirmation numbers, but I can't find any site to let me pick a seat. Am I going to be relegated to getting them at check-in?
Old Aug 4, 2015, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by SirJman
I have a ORD-NRT-BKK flight booked on an AA ticket, with AA codes. JAL says only AA can choose my seats, AA says contact JAL.

I have both my AA, BA (from other segments) and JL confirmation numbers, but I can't find any site to let me pick a seat. Am I going to be relegated to getting them at check-in?
That is often a problem with the codeshare flights. AA will give you the JL reference if you call them, but that does not always solve your problem. There are threads here that give links to JL's US based website that should work once you have the JL reference, but it never did for me.
In short, yes you will have to wait for the airport as OLCI then does not work either. At least in my experience.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 4:47 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
That is often a problem with the codeshare flights. AA will give you the JL reference if you call them, but that does not always solve your problem. There are threads here that give links to JL's US based website that should work once you have the JL reference, but it never did for me.
In short, yes you will have to wait for the airport as OLCI then does not work either. At least in my experience.
No, the US site won't work in some cases because the JL flight won't show up even if you enter your JL PNR. It is the marketing carrier that's responsible for selecting a seat so OP needs to call AA or wait till AA OLCI opens which is T-24 instead of T-72.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by JALPak
No, the US site won't work in some cases because the JL flight won't show up even if you enter your JL PNR. It is the marketing carrier that's responsible for selecting a seat so OP needs to call AA or wait till AA OLCI opens which is T-24 instead of T-72.
In my experience, though, if you call AA they will give you the JAL reference and say call JL. They will not touch the seat assignment.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 4:57 am
Original Poster

In my experience, though, if you call AA they will give you the JAL reference and say call JL. They will not touch the seat assignment.
That's not my experience. Got both seat assignment and JL PNR without problem. This is an AA booking, JL won't touch it.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JALPak
That's not my experience. Got both seat assignment and JL PNR without problem. This is an AA booking, JL won't touch it.
That is exactly what JAL told me, after AA said "only JL can assign seats on the flight, call them." Got the JL PNR, no sweat just no ASR.
What was your ticket stock? JL or AA? Need to look at mine to be sure...
Old Aug 4, 2015, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

That is exactly what JAL told me, after AA said "only JL can assign seats on the flight, call them." Got the JL PNR, no sweat just no ASR.
What was your ticket stock? JL or AA? Need to look at mine to be sure...
It's AA stock. That's why JL won't and shouldn't touch it. You can ask AA to send in a seat assignment request for you.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 8:22 pm

I'm about to fly Skyluxe NRT to PEK.
Can I try the sushi still at the lounge? It's a first class reservation.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dkjb3t4
I'm about to fly Skyluxe NRT to PEK.
Can I try the sushi still at the lounge? It's a first class reservation.
There are no first class on the route, so you would need to be either Emerald, or arrive on a JL F ticket same day and negotiate your way into the F lounge...
Old Aug 5, 2015, 11:50 pm
swy

Programs: Greyhound Vermillion Mithril
How do I buy Yokoso fare tickets? Do I have to call JAL? Are there ways to check availability online? Thanks~
Old Aug 6, 2015, 12:44 am

Programs: JGC Sapphire
Try this.
http://www.jal.co.jp/yokosojapan/online/ar/

It does say a US/Canadian credit card is needed, however, I successfully purchased mine with a UK based Amex.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 6:54 am

Few questions

So in a couple months, I'll be flying from NRT to HNL and I'm really excited. I have a few questions:

*IIRC, the 767 with the Skysuites have WiFi. How is the speed and connection quality as well as the price? Is it worth trying?

*Since this is my first time flying JL in a class above Economy, I'm curious to know how should I go about using the call button. Would the cabin attendants feel annoyed if I use it and should I just go to the galley instead in case I want a snack or something or I should feel free to use it without the fear of annoying them?

*And I'll be getting a chance to try out the First Class lounge in NRT. Any specific food items I should try out?

*Lastly, hows the Business Class lounge in NGO? I assume its nothing special but curious to know what food items they have.

Thanks
Old Aug 6, 2015, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by maortega15
So in a couple months, I'll be flying from NRT to HNL and I'm really excited. I have a few questions:

*IIRC, the 767 with the Skysuites have WiFi. How is the speed and connection quality as well as the price? Is it worth trying?

*Since this is my first time flying JL in a class above Economy, I'm curious to know how should I go about using the call button. Would the cabin attendants feel annoyed if I use it and should I just go to the galley instead in case I want a snack or something or I should feel free to use it without the fear of annoying them?

*And I'll be getting a chance to try out the First Class lounge in NRT. Any specific food items I should try out?

*Lastly, hows the Business Class lounge in NGO? I assume its nothing special but curious to know what food items they have.

Thanks
Just use the call button if there is something you need. The flight attendants will not be annoyed. That is why the button is there. It is not a US based airline where passengers are considered something undesirable by the crew.

The wifi generally works pretty well.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Not sure if all SS6 has been retrofitted with Wi-Fi yet.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 11:57 pm
swy

Programs: Greyhound Vermillion Mithril
Originally Posted by nshizuka25
Try this.
http://www.jal.co.jp/yokosojapan/online/ar/

It does say a US/Canadian credit card is needed, however, I successfully purchased mine with a UK based Amex.
Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.