Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Sign in using an external account

Old Feb 26, 12, 1:36 am   #1

Programs: AA, UA, US, DL, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG
Syd -> kor -> nar

Is booking a one-way award from SYD (or another Australian city) to NRT (or any other nearby airport in Tokyo) with a stopover in Palau (ROR) possible?

Last edited by MVF Trekker; Feb 26, 12 at 3:26 pm.
MVF Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 12, 1:42 am   #2
Ambassador: JAL Mileage Bank

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Sapphire, SPG Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVF Trekker View Post
Is booking a one-way award from SYD (or another Australian city) to NAR (or any other nearby airport) with a stopover in KOR possible?
JAL doesn't fly these routes. I guess you will need to look at partner awards but in general one-way international award ticket isn't allowed
Old Feb 26, 12, 10:58 am   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
JAL doesn't fly these routes. I guess you will need to look at partner awards but in general one-way international award ticket isn't allowed
I know that JAL has flights from Tokyo, Japan to Koror, Palau (ROR) but I can't find those flights through the JAL's site. Maybe they were discontinued or they are seasonal.

P.S. Made a mistake in the subject. It's supposed to be SYD - ROR - NRT.

Last edited by MVF Trekker; Feb 27, 12 at 12:29 pm.
Old Feb 26, 12, 1:46 pm   #4

Quote:
There are some websites that state that JAL has flights from Japan to Koror, Palau (ROR) but I can't find those flights through the JAL's site. Maybe they were discontinued or they are seasonal.

P.S. Made a mistake in the subject. It's supposed to be ROR instead of KOR.
and NAR is Narita (NRT)?

The Palau ones are charter flights. And it's definitely not a direct flight from SYD.

http://www.jal.co.jp/121campaign/pal..._en_world.html
Old Feb 26, 12, 3:30 pm   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
and NAR is Narita (NRT)?

The Palau ones are charter flights. And it's definitely not a direct flight from SYD.

http://www.jal.co.jp/121campaign/pal..._en_world.html
Yes, it's NRT. Sorry. They may not have direct flights from Australia, but can I book an award ticket using my AA or BA miles for a flight like SYD - NRT - ROR? Are those charter flights available through the JAL's site?
Old Feb 26, 12, 3:43 pm   #6

Quote:
Yes, it's NRT. Sorry. They may not have direct flights from Australia, but can I book an award ticket using my AA or BA miles for a flight like SYD - NRT - ROR? Are those charter flights available through the JAL's site?
I am afraid that's a BA or AA board question.
Old Feb 27, 12, 12:45 pm   #7

In case I end up wanting to pay for this ticket, I tried booking this flight through the JAL website. They have a site for each region and you can only search/book flights departing from that region.
I was able to book the segment SYD - NRT through their Australian site. I don't understand why can't they have one centralized website that allows you to book from different regions.
In their Japanese site, they have Palau listed as one of their destinations but I couldn't find any availability even when I tried different days of the week. I keep getting:

The fares and seat availability could not be shown possibly for one of the following reasons:
- The flight for the specified portion does not operate every day of the week.
- The route cannot be found due to a complex connection for the specified portion.

Strangely, I was able to find a flight today on Monday when I search the list of departures/arrivals:
Extra flight JL8851
20:10 28FEB NRT (Tokyo Narita) Terminal 2 4:55 767
01:05 29FEB ROR (Palau)

Can these charter flights be booked through their website or do you have to call and do it over the phone?
Assuming I could book the flight NRT - ROR through their Japanese site, would I have to make 2 reservations for the 2 segments (SYD-NRT and NRT-ROR) through their 2 websites?
Old Feb 28, 12, 9:02 pm   #8
Moderator, All Nippon Airways

Programs: NH DIA+SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), HGP D, HH G
Quote:
In case I end up wanting to pay for this ticket, I tried booking this flight through the JAL website. They have a site for each region and you can only search/book flights departing from that region.
I was able to book the segment SYD - NRT through their Australian site. I don't understand why can't they have one centralized website that allows you to book from different regions.
In their Japanese site, they have Palau listed as one of their destinations but I couldn't find any availability even when I tried different days of the week. I keep getting:

The fares and seat availability could not be shown possibly for one of the following reasons:
- The flight for the specified portion does not operate every day of the week.
- The route cannot be found due to a complex connection for the specified portion.

Strangely, I was able to find a flight today on Monday when I search the list of departures/arrivals:
Extra flight JL8851
20:10 28FEB NRT (Tokyo Narita) Terminal 2 4:55 767
01:05 29FEB ROR (Palau)

Can these charter flights be booked through their website or do you have to call and do it over the phone?
Assuming I could book the flight NRT - ROR through their Japanese site, would I have to make 2 reservations for the 2 segments (SYD-NRT and NRT-ROR) through their 2 websites?
JL does not sell a fare for SYD-ROR, so you would have to purchase two tickets -- one for SYD-NRT and another for NRT-ROR.

The NRT-ROR only flies twice a week, it looks like -- for example, I see availability on 7 Mar and 11 Mar at the regular fare, which is 228,940 JPY AI. I also saw tour packages available for about 100,000 JPY.
armagebedar is offline   Reply With Quote