Search

KUL-NRT: JL vs MH?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2010, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Question KUL-NRT: JL vs MH?

Hi

I was wondering for those of you who've done this route in J, which one did you prefer? Mileage is irrelevant as I'm a *A flier so I won't get to credit anything to my AC, SQ or NH accounts. My usual routing is KUL-SIN-NRT on SQ J but I'm kind of tired of the monotony and would like to try something different for a change.

Primarily looking for the experience with the hard product, catering and IFE on the two.

I believe JL uses an old beat up 763 with the non-flat seats? How does MH's 772 offering stack up? As it's a red-eye flight, I would like to able to catch some shut eye.

Price for both fares is ± USD 50 of each other.
Old Aug 8, 2010, 8:50 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: JAL Global Club, One World Sapphire, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by payam81
Hi
I believe JL uses an old beat up 763 with the non-flat seats? How does MH's 772 offering stack up? As it's a red-eye flight, I would like to able to catch some shut eye.
You're correct about the 763 with non flat seats in J. I'm able to sleep in them but certainly not well. I'm flying that route in November and I decided to just grab an exit row in Y and be able to stretch my legs out or even try to grab a row of 3 to myself if possible. Never flown MH in J but I was impressed the one roundtrip I flew with them in Y.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by payam81
Hi

I was wondering for those of you who've done this route in J, which one did you prefer? Mileage is irrelevant as I'm a *A flier so I won't get to credit anything to my AC, SQ or NH accounts. My usual routing is KUL-SIN-NRT on SQ J but I'm kind of tired of the monotony and would like to try something different for a change.

Primarily looking for the experience with the hard product, catering and IFE on the two.

Price for both fares is ± USD 50 of each other.
MH has a lie(slope)flat seat....service is excellent on MH !! They do a wonderful pulled tea and satay (much better than SQ)! IFE is AVOD on a 15 inch??? screen.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Q Shoe Guy
MH has a lie(slope)flat seat....service is excellent on MH !! They do a wonderful pulled tea and satay (much better than SQ)! IFE is AVOD on a 15 inch??? screen.
Careful now, as I'm an avid SQ J flier and you're really upping my expectations!

Thanks for the input. I think the hard product alone is enough for me to pick MH. Anything else I need to know at all flying MH in J?

I really would have liked trying MH F but it doesn't seem like that's an option on this route.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I find MH cabin crew very engaging, polite and service orientated. The lounges in KUL are also excellent......It is just too bad that they are not part of any major alliance!
Old Aug 13, 2010, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
You can earn MH mileage with DL , VS, or KL/AF FFPs.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
You can earn MH mileage with DL , VS, or KL/AF FFPs.
That's actually not a bad idea at all. I do have just under 25K in my DL account, so it maybe enough to push me over the edge to redeem for a domestic flight.

Thanks for the tip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.