JAL in Miami

Old Jan 22, 2010, 6:59 am
Original Poster

JAL in Miami

Driving by MIA this morning and there was a JAL 747 on the south side of the airport, anyone have any idea why it is here? Maybe bringing personnel or supplies for Haiti??
Old Jan 22, 2010, 3:38 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Probably. JAL did operated charter flights for Haiti relief but I am not sure if it's flying to MIA or not.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 5:47 am

Programs: DL DM/2 MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, National Exec Elite, Hilton Gold
It was JL8808 (NRT-LAX-MIA), chartered by the Ministry of Defense, for Haiti relief.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by SFOandNRT
It was JL8808 (NRT-LAX-MIA), chartered by the Ministry of Defense, for Haiti relief.
Good to know! I was at the MIA airport that day and saw the JAL 744. I kept wondering: since when did JAL start flying here?!??!?!
Old Jan 29, 2010, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by fly747first
Good to know! I was at the MIA airport that day and saw the JAL 744. I kept wondering: since when did JAL start flying here?!??!?!
They sometimes operate charter flights to MIA for tourists too
Old Feb 10, 2010, 12:04 pm

for a moment there I got excited reading the title...currently looking for business class award seats from MIA-HKG using AA miles, and JAL executive class wouldv'e been a no brainer vs. AA
Old Feb 10, 2010, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by milefan
for a moment there I got excited reading the title...currently looking for business class award seats from MIA-HKG using AA miles, and JAL executive class wouldv'e been a no brainer vs. AA
But you can still fly on JL out of JFK (JL005/006)/ORD/LAX/SFO (in order of preference) or fly on CX if you are not too "wide" for their lie-flat C seats and is traveling alone. There's no direct flight from MIA to NRT/HKG anyways
Old Feb 11, 2010, 9:40 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JALPak
But you can still fly on JL out of JFK (JL005/006)/ORD/LAX/SFO (in order of preference) or fly on CX if you are not too "wide" for their lie-flat C seats and is traveling alone. There's no direct flight from MIA to NRT/HKG anyways
If how about BA to LHR and BA/CX to HKG?

I did a BA/CX/JL J trip and was pretty impressed with BA's hardware compared to CX herringbone: if your sleep is important you can even try BA to HKG as well! (And transiting in LHR i dont think you need to pay those taxes!)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.