Meal service on JL8730 HKG-HND?

Old May 11, 2008, 8:26 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
Exclamation Meal service on JL8730 HKG-HND?

Does anyone know if a meal is served on JL8730 (departs 0120 hrs), and if so, is it dinner or breakfast?

Thanks.
Old May 11, 2008, 11:05 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
The system shows they will serve meal during the flight but I have no idea what they are (they don't start this route until 7/2/2008). But on HKG-NRT flights, they serve snack right after takeoff and then the main meal. So it will probably be around 3am when they serve the meal if they follow that schedule.

You can always call JAL ticketing office to find out.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 4:19 am

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
I'm guessing a snack if you're hungry, and then breakfast just before landing...
Old Jun 7, 2008, 12:43 pm

usually Asian airlines serve meals on international flights no matter what...

I was on a EG(JAA) flight from HKG-TPE(ended). They serve hot meals though it is only a 1-hour flight.

Last edited by 83914673; Jun 7, 2008 at 12:53 pm
Old Jun 9, 2008, 4:17 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Originally Posted by HeathrowGuy
Does anyone know if a meal is served on JL8730 (departs 0120 hrs), and if so, is it dinner or breakfast?

Thanks.
Instant Noodles after take-off, Breakfast 90 mins before landing. Do you have status for CX Lounge?, If so eat there.
Old Jun 10, 2008, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by UncleDude
Instant Noodles after take-off, Breakfast 90 mins before landing. Do you have status for CX Lounge?, If so eat there.
you sure about that ? NH just started HKG-HND two months ago, and having similiar departure time. NH serves drinks after take off, and two hours before landing have some sort of hot breakfest service (tomato sauce and an egg tart), package cold crossiant, cold noodles, which is not bad, but most pax went to sleep right after take off til it arrives.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Jun 11, 2008 at 2:59 am
Old Jun 10, 2008, 2:44 am

Is it really practical to serve instant noodle to every passenger? It makes sense if you meant you can request for instant noodle. However, JAL doesn't serve instant noodles in economy class (at least I am not aware of this) and I think the lowest class with instant noodle is the premium economy.

They are going to upload the July menu pretty soon (according to the site it should be up by mid-June). We can find out exactly what they are going to serve by then
Old Jun 11, 2008, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JALPak
Is it really practical to serve instant noodle to every passenger? It makes sense if you meant you can request for instant noodle. However, JAL doesn't serve instant noodles in economy class (at least I am not aware of this) and I think the lowest class with instant noodle is the premium economy.
Agree, even on long haul, US-Japan-US, when I request for instant noodle flying Y, FA answered that is only for business class.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 12:55 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Assumed OP was flying Business, hence my comment to eat in CX Lounge.

If flying coach, sorry cant help my body does not know how to turn Right upon boarding an Aircraft
Old Jun 12, 2008, 2:08 am

If flying coach, sorry cant help my body does not know how to turn Right upon boarding an Aircraft
So how do you board the plane if there's first class too? So you have to use the door for the Y class? LOL

Last edited by JALPak; Jun 12, 2008 at 2:34 am
Old Jun 15, 2008, 6:22 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
Exclamation

I'm in Economy Class for this flight, so I'm guessing maybe a beverage service with munchies, then breakfast prior to arrival?
Old Jun 21, 2008, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HeathrowGuy
I'm in Economy Class for this flight, so I'm guessing maybe a beverage service with munchies, then breakfast prior to arrival?
beverage with nuts, no munchies (sandwhiches or noodles), then breakfest before arrival.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 5:34 am

They have finally uploaded the menu for that flight. They are serving Japanese breakfast for the HKG-HND flight and regular menu (same as JL735/731's) on HND-HKG

Here's the link for the HKG-HND menu for July.

https://www.jal.co.jp/cgi-bin/jal/in...6&Submit2.y=11

It has grilled mackerel, beef roll, Japanese rolled egg, spinach and fried bean curd, some kind of rice congee with mushroom, japanese cold noodles, and fruit.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by JALPak
They have finally uploaded the menu for that flight. They are serving Japanese breakfast for the HKG-HND flight and regular menu (same as JL735/731's) on HND-HKG

Here's the link for the HKG-HND menu for July.

https://www.jal.co.jp/cgi-bin/jal/in...6&Submit2.y=11

It has grilled mackerel, beef roll, Japanese rolled egg, spinach and fried bean curd, some kind of rice congee with mushroom, japanese cold noodles, and fruit.
For some reasons, the JAL Hong Kong website is showing a slightly different menu. Here's the link with picture of the meal for July.

http://www.jal.com.hk/zhhk/inflight/...nomyhaneda.htm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.