Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

JAL adds PG as a JMB partner? Discount mileage campaign announced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2012, 12:47 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum

JAL announced a campaign to celebrate the commemoration of the new PG partnership and JMB members can receive 5,000 miles discount for a roundtrip economy class redemption on PG. But there's no announcement of the partnership, i.e. no accumulation or burn tables

http://www.jal.co.jp/121campaign/pg_.../index_en.html

Eligible boarding period
November 15, 2012 - December 31, 2014 (Flight date)
Applications received on/after November 7, 2012 (Japan time) are eligible.
* Reservations may only be accepted until 12:00 noon 4 days (not including the day of departure) before the first segment departure date.
* Journeys must start and end within the campaign period.
Eligible members
JAL Mileage Bank (JMB) Members
Eligible Awards·Routes·Classes / Required mileage
Bangkok Airways(PG) Awards Tickets - (Economy Class)
Total trip distance (mile) Standard required mileage Required mileage
during promotion period
1 ~ 1,000 15,000 5,000
1,001 ~ 2,000 20,000 8,000
2,001 ~ 4,000 21,000 18,000
* In addition to the required mileage for the awards listed above, fuel surcharges and other taxes will be collected where applicable.
* Economy class are eligible.
* There are situations where there are limitations to the number of seats available for award use. There are also situations where seats for award use may not apply to certain flights.
* Standard mileage and discount mileage cannot be combined.
* Sectors that do not have traffic rights are not eligible.
* Some flights only operate seasonally, and not year round. Flights may be changed or cancelled by the operating carrier.
Edit: JAL will commence codeshare agreement with PG too. See Post #5 for details
Update 2: JAL has extended this promo till Dec 31 2014.

Last edited by JALPak; Nov 5, 2013 at 6:32 pm
Old Nov 5, 2012, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by JALPak
JAL announced a campaign to celebrate the commemoration of the new PG partnership and JMB members can receive 5,000 miles discount for a roundtrip economy class redemption on PG. But there's no announcement of the partnership, i.e. no accumulation or burn tables

http://www.jal.co.jp/121campaign/pg_.../index_en.html
Cool, looks like there's cheap positioning to RGN from BKK.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 6:19 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Excellent. Does JL allow for award to be put on hold while I transfer points from Starwood?
Old Nov 5, 2012, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zakami
Excellent. Does JL allow for award to be put on hold while I transfer points from Starwood?
unfortunately no
Old Nov 7, 2012, 3:08 am
Original Poster

http://press.jal.co.jp/en/release/201211/002307.html

Finally the official announcement of the tie-up and new codeshare agreement
Old Nov 9, 2012, 3:50 pm

Would someone be kind enough to help this newbie understand how I can participate in the promotion? Do I need to call one of the JMB offices to enroll in the promotion, and then I can redeem my MB miles online? Or... does the reservation need to be made over the phone as well?

Thanks very much.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by masshupoteto
Would someone be kind enough to help this newbie understand how I can participate in the promotion? Do I need to call one of the JMB offices to enroll in the promotion, and then I can redeem my MB miles online? Or... does the reservation need to be made over the phone as well?

Thanks very much.
Redemption on PG needs to go through the phone. No registration is required.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 4:32 pm

Redemption on PG needs to go through the phone. No registration is required.
Thank you, JALPak! I just gave them a call. Took awhile to get through to their Awards center. The CSR was a bit confused about the promotion and hadn't heard about it before ("we have a lot of promotions going on, sorry...*flip flip flip through binder*").

Availability seems to be very good and open; had no problems with the flight I needed in December for BKK-RGN.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by masshupoteto
Thank you, JALPak! I just gave them a call. Took awhile to get through to their Awards center. The CSR was a bit confused about the promotion and hadn't heard about it before ("we have a lot of promotions going on, sorry...*flip flip flip through binder*").

Availability seems to be very good and open; had no problems with the flight I needed in December for BKK-RGN.
Enjoy the flight (and the return flight in F I assume with the mistake fares )
Old Nov 12, 2012, 7:32 am

Programs: SPG, MR, Aeroplan, UAMP, BAEC
Koh Samui!

BKK-Koh Samui roundtrip for 5k is indeed a good deal! Airfare to Koh Samui remains relatively high due to quosi-monopoly of PG.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 5:18 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Gold
Just made some bookings with this promotion. Sort of painful as many of the reps did not know how to check availability on PG and availability is not so great for BKK-USM over the holidays. Still I am getting ~4 cents/SPG point and I still have 5000 orphan JAL miles that I'm not sure what to do with. Now how do I pull up these reservations on the PG website with my JAL PNR's?
Old Nov 14, 2012, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mattolo
Just made some bookings with this promotion. Sort of painful as many of the reps did not know how to check availability on PG and availability is not so great for BKK-USM over the holidays. Still I am getting ~4 cents/SPG point and I still have 5000 orphan JAL miles that I'm not sure what to do with. Now how do I pull up these reservations on the PG website with my JAL PNR's?
Is there a PG PNR?
Old Nov 14, 2012, 5:23 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Gold
Is there a PG PNR?
I forgot to ask the rep this and the JAL PNR didn't come up on checkmytrip.com. Is there another site that might give me the PG PNR?
Old Nov 14, 2012, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mattolo
I forgot to ask the rep this and the JAL PNR didn't come up on checkmytrip.com. Is there another site that might give me the PG PNR?
I am afraid you might have to give either JAL or PG a call
Old Nov 21, 2012, 7:31 am

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Is Dec 31, 2013 really the deadline for this promotion? I ask since I will be transferring SPG points and want to ensure that is indeed the case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.