Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Details and Pictures of the new 777-300ER cabins and new catering service fr Jan 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2013, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JALPak
For SKY SUITE 777 (SS7) rollout schedule and seat map, please refer to this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jal-m...-seat-map.html

Plans to retrofit other aircrafts:
787: JAL will retrofit its 787 fleet to have products similar to those on SS7 but there's no timeline announced yet

777-200ER: JAL was studying the possibility of installing a variant of JAL SKY SUITE on its 777-200ER but no plans nor timeline announced yet

767-300ER: JAL will retrofit some of its 767-300ER fleet with new long-haul products in summer 2013. Truly lie-flat beds dubbed JAL SKY SUITE II will be installed. The retrofitted 767 will be dubbed as SKY SUITE 767 (SS6). First plane will be deployed on NRT-YVR route in December 2013. More details can be found in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jal-mileage-bank/1471408-jal-announces-sky-suite-767-ss6-details.html
Print Wikipost

Details and Pictures of the new 777-300ER cabins and new catering service fr Jan 2013

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2012, 7:17 pm

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Wow looks good! New J looks absolutely great ^ Shame that the F award availability to LHR is almost non-existent
Old Nov 13, 2012, 7:20 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by pogonation
Wow looks good! New J looks absolutely great ^ Shame that the F award availability to LHR is almost non-existent
Wait till the products expand to other routes and so does the non-existent inventory
Old Nov 17, 2012, 1:06 pm

Programs: AA Gold
I am currently holding 2 business class awards on JL 10 NRT-ORD for Aug. 31. I was trying to get F seats for better sleeping, but none are available that day. With the new business seats coming online, maybe I won't have to. What are the odds JL will add the new seats to the ORD flight by August 31?

I currently have seats assigned on the 773 aircraft. If the plane gets the new seats will my seat assignments automatically be changed?
Old Nov 17, 2012, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by susiesan
I am currently holding 2 business class awards on JL 10 NRT-ORD for Aug. 31. I was trying to get F seats for better sleeping, but none are available that day. With the new business seats coming online, maybe I won't have to. What are the odds JL will add the new seats to the ORD flight by August 31?

I currently have seats assigned on the 773 aircraft. If the plane gets the new seats will my seat assignments automatically be changed?
No one knows. You can follow the following thread and info will be updated when JAL announces the schedule. And you can always switch to AA if it has rolled out the new J seats on this route while JAL hasn't right

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jal-m...-seat-map.html
Old Nov 18, 2012, 9:02 am

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by JALPak
No one knows. You can follow the following thread and info will be updated when JAL announces the schedule. And you can always switch to AA if it has rolled out the new J seats on this route while JAL hasn't right

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jal-m...-seat-map.html
Even if I had to fly old shell flat neo J seats on JL I prefer them over new AA seats anyday. The food, service, and lounge with JL are far superior to AA. And it is probably impossible to get 2 AA J seats on any given flight due to their stinginess with award seats. If anything, I'd switch the return to CX flights even though it adds an extra plane change and 6 hours of travel time.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by armagebedar
I'll probably be going to this!
The dish will cost 2,000 JPY and if you want a set it will be 2,500 JPY. Beef from Sendai will be used.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 9:29 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Originally Posted by JALPak
The dish will cost 2,000 JPY and if you want a set it will be 2,500 JPY. Beef from Sendai will be used.
Maybe I'll stick to coffee... :-/
Old Nov 19, 2012, 9:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by armagebedar
Maybe I'll stick to coffee... :-/
Don't want to turn green?

They should serve the JAL Cafe Lines to promote their products too but too bad they are not...unless the coffee served together with the meal is from the cafe lines
Old Nov 23, 2012, 10:01 pm
Original Poster

More pictures of the cafe and food. Limited to 50 servings per day

http://www.aviationwire.jp/archives/11951
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:43 pm
Original Poster

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/...b#/b811b76b/62

article on SS7 in Nov issue of Aircraft Interiors International magazine (thanks @Ayaka_441 for sending me this)

Most of them are old info but it confirms JAL will retrofit 1 773 per month and 787 will be getting the Sky Suite products too.

Also it says "A special meal is also soon to launch – KFC"...are they going to do Air KFC between Dec and Feb LOL
Old Nov 24, 2012, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

Rumor has it certain ambassador from the dark side is now at the cafe trying out JAL's new seats Hopefully we will hear more about that soon
Old Nov 25, 2012, 2:06 am
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Hands-on with the new SS7 seats

The Dark Lord has arrived!

I found time to head over to Jingu Gaien this morning, both to enjoy the gingko trees in full autumn colors as well as to see JAL's new SS7 seats at the Royal Garden Cafe. All four seat types were on display with JAL sales staff and a CA on hand to answer any questions. However, I spent what time I had on trying out the business and first class seats. I also tried out the special business class menu. The (limited) photos I was able to take are here: http://imgur.com/a/1hktj

The F seat is, as others have mentioned, very similar to the existing seat and is quite comfortable. The partition is electronically-controlled; the screen is large; there is plenty of storage. Not sure what more can be said! Surprisingly (or not), the F seat was the most popular and always had a few people waiting in line to try it.

The C seat, on the other hand, was not as popular -- but it was the seat in which I was most interested. There was a two-seat set (window and aisle) which gave a good feel for how it would be to travel with a partner (whomever is in the more forward seat will have to peer around and back to have a conversation, IMO). I was pleased with how much storage there was, especially on the aisle seat -- you could easily fit a pair of headphones, a laptop and some magazines without a problem in the storage box near your shoulder. There is also space under the ottoman for a small bag or your shoes as well as a netted pocket on the inner wall beneath the divider. The divider here is also electronically-controlled. The power port and headphone jack are at a good angle and position so even an Apple-sized power adapter looks as if it will fit. When fully-flat, I had no problem stretching out (I'm about 180 cm / 6 ft tall), and I appreciated that the footwell did not taper (compare this to LX's C offering). Obviously, I can't speak to how comfortable the seat will be over the course of several hours, but I was satisfied. One of the JAL sales staff present said that there is a mattress pad that can be laid out for sleeping when the seat is flat.

The special business class meal consisted of a small cup of vegetable soup, a salad of lettuce, avocado, persimmon and walnuts, and the main course of a hamburg steak on mashed potatoes with a soft-boiled egg and truffle shavings on top covered in a red wine sauce. I thought it tasted very good, and would be happy if this salad and main were served to me in business class (though I'm sure it would need to be plated differently). Bread was also served, but this was a specialty of the cafe and not part of the meal.

All in all, I was very pleased with the C seat and am excited to try it out at some point in the near future. To be honest, I think this new C seat is just as good as the F seat for most people, so unless I really wanted to be in F for some reason I would be more than happy to stay in C and keep the extra miles. I asked the staff about other routes going forward, and though they told me they don't have any confirmed destinations as yet, they do expect to introduce it on all Europe and American 777 routes as well as on the 787 after that.

As a bonus, here are some photos of the gingko trees I took before heading to the cafe: http://imgur.com/a/QNeyT

If anyone has any questions about the seat, please let me know and I'll do my best to answer them!
Old Nov 25, 2012, 6:23 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Thanks, armagebedar! That C seat looks pretty nice!
Old Dec 1, 2012, 8:06 am
Suspended

The j class seats r really good and seems to be quite spacious but how r the centre seats align? Can couples travel together?
Old Dec 1, 2012, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by correctioncx
The j class seats r really good and seems to be quite spacious but how r the centre seats align? Can couples travel together?
The same way as the AC and HK seats are aligned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.