Search

Do parents need permission letters from ex-spouse

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2017, 2:09 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Perche
Just don't forget to take those letters to your local bank to get notarized so that it forces those French and Italian authorities to obey what it says!

Seriously, I understand your concern, but the airports on routes going to Italy will be packed with millions of children going to Italy, of all different colors and shades of inheritance, of different types of genetic make-up, blended families, divorces, and children of people who were never married. European authorities are not on the lookout to see if a child's hair is a little curlier than her mom's, raising suspicion that the person she is traveling is not the child of her straight hair and lighter skinned mother.

Just follow the terms of the divorce. No one is going to give you "second looks" traveling through passport control in France on arrival, or on departure from Italy. This is a normal, everyday, routine trip for millioms of parents and children of blended families. No, you don't need to hire an international law attorney for a routine trip to Italy. Just obey the terms of the divorce, and don't let people scare you.

The fastest way for you to get a heightened security check is to show up at the airport and present notarized letters at check-in, proving that you can travel with your children. The other 99.9% of parents who just show up at the ticket counter with their blended, inter-racial, mixed-ethnic families who don't present a notarized lettter at check-in will be on the plane, whereas they will probably call a supervisor, and start problems. Authorities on the USA side just want to make sure you all have passports, coming and going.

Your current family is a regular family, especially by European standards, so they won't sweat it, and neither should you.
Indeed that is very common. The less confident a person appears to be, the greater the likelihood of a problem. Like dogs that get more nervous and even aggressive when encountering a fearful person, some passport control, customs and airline personnel try to be like that too.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Indeed that is very common. The less confident a person appears to be, the greater the likelihood of a problem. Like dogs that get more nervous and even aggressive when encountering a fearful person, some passport control, customs and airline personnel try to be like that too.
totally get it. In my line of work, there are times I'm invited to very exclusive parties and events with celebrities or CEO's and such present. I always walk in with confidence like the invited guest I am, and it's rare that anyone questions me or confirms my name on a list. It always reminds me of how easy it would be for anyone off the street to walk into such an event, if they act like they belong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.