Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Renting a Classic Fiat 500?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2017, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Renting a Classic Fiat 500?

My wife and I will be travelling to Italy at the end of June. We'll be staying in Tuscany for the first 5 days, I have a car rented for our stay.

My wife is the reason we are returning to Italy, she loves everything about it, including the little Fiats . I'd love to give a little surprise for one of our day trips and see if I can pick up a classic fiat 500 for a day or part of a day. A quick google shows many places renting them, can anyone suggest one?
We'll be staying at the Renaissance Tuscany
Old Jun 6, 2017, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

are you looking to rent a fiat TOPALINO, or an early fiat 500(which looks sort of like today's fiat?
Old Jun 6, 2017, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by slawecki
are you looking to rent a fiat TOPALINO, or an early fiat 500(which looks sort of like today's fiat?
Early 500. Like this:

Old Jun 6, 2017, 11:15 am
Original Poster

I should add, I'd be fine with pairing it as part of a tour (wine etc) or just renting the car and finding my own roads
Old Jun 6, 2017, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
This is the place for you: http://www.slowhills.com/it/affitto-...-500-noleggio/
Old Jun 7, 2017, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ckendall
Thank you! . My co-worker is Italian, so he helped me with the site and sent them an inquiry on my behalf. If there are any other recommendations in the meantime I really appreciate it. I wish I could find one near us (Barga) area.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
slowhills is an aptly named site. I remember when I was a boy and fascinated by cars there was a car mag which I read avidly. I particularly liked the 0-60mph numbers, in the days when under 10 seconds was very powerful. Most cars were 10-15, or perhaps 20 seconds. A very small number were over 20 seconds. And then there was the Fiat 500 which clocked in at 83.2 seconds from 0-60.

More relevantly, I can see pootling about in an Italian village in one, or perhaps even in Rome (although driving there is a nightmare), but going between villages would be very painful and I would avoid the autostrada completely in a machine like that.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 7:06 am
Original Poster

It looks like our hotel "overbooked" and we had to pick a new one (with less than 2 weeks until our trip!). Anyways, I think the new location will be in my favor for trying to book something. I was also looking at a group tour as an option. This could give us a wine tour and some classic 500 time all in one, plus since we're part of a group, no need to worry about break downs etc.

I was thinking about these guys, they seem to get good reviews:

http://www.500touringclub.com/tours.php

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.