Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Milan to Venice

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2017, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

Milan to Venice

Hie my husband and I will be travelling from Milan, Verona ending in Venice in November for 7-10 days by train, any tips on places to visit in between please, we were thinking of doing day trips to lake Garda or Como and Padua.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 5:01 am

Programs: AA EXP >4 MM, Lifetime Plat
What are your interests? The Lakes will be cold. Many places will be closed. Lake Garda will have more outside activities like hiking, but whether or not that is what you are looking for is impossible to tell from your question. People tend to avoid lakes when it is 5-10C (40-50F) outside and windy.

There is interesting art in Padua at the Scrovegni, if that is what you are searching for, but you need to reserve months in advance. On a 7 day trip, with the first day being a tired arrival day, and the last day a packing and trip to the airport day, with Milan, Verona, and Venice already in your itinerary, I don't see how you are going to squeeze in any more side trips. With 3 cities in 7 days, the vacation is already a series of side trips without visiting any one place in particular, in a different city every other day.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 9:05 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Welcome to Flyertalk, Chivarie Nyamhandu I agree with Perche that planning side trips is not practical for a trip of that duration. I suggest spending at least 5 days in Venice. November is a wonderful month to visit and this year you will have the opportunity to see the Bienalle 2017 art exhibition. There are not too many tourists and the weather, although cool, is often pleasant. Low season rates in hotels is another plus.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by obscure2k
Welcome to Flyertalk, Chivarie Nyamhandu I agree with Perche that planning side trips is not practical for a trip of that duration. I suggest spending at least 5 days in Venice. November is a wonderful month to visit and this year you will have the opportunity to see the Bienalle 2017 art exhibition. There are not too many tourists and the weather, although cool, is often pleasant. Low season rates in hotels is another plus.
And fewer mosquitoes!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.