Original Poster

For dining: Elizabeth Minchilli's app

And her app encompasses other cities:

EAT ITALY: ROME, FLORENCE, VENICE, MILAN, TORINO
Old Dec 4, 2016, 4:00 pm
JBD
Original Poster

Katie Parla's app

This is already listed in Romeing's selections seen in the first post, but adding it here for convenience:

http://katieparla.com/apps/
Old Dec 4, 2016, 4:01 pm
JBD
Original Poster

From the Local IT, February 2016:

Ten essential free phone apps for a visit to Rome

Last edited by JBD; Dec 4, 2016 at 4:08 pm
Old Dec 4, 2016, 7:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP >4 MM, Lifetime Plat
Those seem like great apps! Duolinguo, which is free, is very highly recommended by teachers of Italian. The only app I'd question is "Medinaction," which promises to send a qualified doctor to your hotel if you get sick, like a house call. You pay through the nose on that.

By law, all emergency medical treatments in Italian hospitals are free. If you go to the ER because you are having a heart attack and they do emergency cardiac surgery, and you are in the intensive care unit for a month, and in the hospital for two months, it is free, regardless of where you are from. You might have a 20-30 euro co-pay, and that's it.

If someone doesn't want to go to the ER and is willing to pay the 150 euro fee, that's a personal choice. But if you are sick, they are going to send you to the ER because there is nothing they can do for you in a hotel room that a trip to the pharmacy can't do. Pharmacists have a lot more scope than in the USA.

Thank you, I downloaded more than a few of them.

Last edited by Perche; Dec 4, 2016 at 7:37 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.