Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Rome is Empty

Rome is Empty

Old Jul 18, 2016, 5:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP >4 MM, Lifetime Plat
Rome is Empty

I don't know about others experience in other parts of Italy, but Rome is dead. It's tourist high season, but I've never seen the place so empty. Il sure there are busy areas, I've been here for two days, and I've never seen it like this. And I've been all over town. Everywhere I stop for a coffee or a drink they tell me the same. They attribute it to terrorism. I don't know if that's the case, but central Rome seems pretty deserted. That doesn't mean it's now cheap, but that might be factored into travel plans. Still, you need a reservation to eat anywhere worthy.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 10:31 am

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
The actual acts of terrorism are terrible but the secondary effects are not only significant but also part of the terrorist's calculation.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.