Search

Flight Connection Advice

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2016, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Asia Miles, Krisflyer
Flight Connection Advice

Hi guys, have two questions:

1)I will be landing into FCO T3 (inbound flight from SIN) at around 7.15am in the morning and will be taking a Wizz flight to BUD which departs at 12.40pm. Would I have enough time to collect my luggage from my SIN flight, leave the airport, go to my hotel which is around 40mins away by shuttle bus,come back to the airport and make it in time for my flight to BUD?

2) On the return from BUD which will be at CIA around 8.30am, how long does it take to get out of the airport and get to the Sheraton Parco De' Medici? Won't be checking in any baggage for this flight!

Also, if it helps, I'm carrying a non-EU passport.

Thanks!
Old Feb 13, 2016, 7:58 am

1. You probably will, but I'm slightly confused. Are you going SIN-FCO/CIA-BUD, or SIN-FCO-BUD?

2. Check google maps? I'm honestly not sure.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 8:08 am
Original Poster

1) It will be 3 different flights actually. So its a SIN-FCO flight, followed by a FCO-BUD flight and 2 days later a BUD-CIA flight

2) Any idea how long does it take to disembark, clear immigration and security at CIA? google maps says travelling time is around 25min by cab
Old Feb 13, 2016, 9:33 am

Programs: AA EXP >4 MM, Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by alastairloh
Hi guys, have two questions:

1)I will be landing into FCO T3 (inbound flight from SIN) at around 7.15am in the morning and will be taking a Wizz flight to BUD which departs at 12.40pm. Would I have enough time to collect my luggage from my SIN flight, leave the airport, go to my hotel which is around 40mins away by shuttle bus,come back to the airport and make it in time for my flight to BUD?

2) On the return from BUD which will be at CIA around 8.30am, how long does it take to get out of the airport and get to the Sheraton Parco De' Medici? Won't be checking in any baggage for this flight!

Also, if it helps, I'm carrying a non-EU passport.

Thanks!
1. Yes, providing no flight delays and you take a cab, you have enough time.
2. 20-30 minutes, as there will be traffic at that hour.

I hope you are staying at that hotel for business and not to visit Rome, because it's a terrible place to stay. The Sheraton is very far from Rome. They offer a shuttle to the city, but the last one comes back at 9PM, before some restaurants have even been able to serve you dinner. It's terrible.

They put me there on a business trip once. I checked out on the first day and moved to a hotel in Rome proper at my own expense rather than staying there. It is a pain when a hotel puts a words like, "airport hotel" in it's name, yet it is nowhere near the airport. Same with hotels. The Sheraton has Rome in its name, yet it's over an hour to get to the city center by public transportation, and a half hour drive by car, depending on traffic.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Im actually staying at holiday inn holiday inn rome eur parco dei medici, is it really that far away given that near a train station?

Im only going to the Sheraton for a conference that lasts an entire week
Old Feb 13, 2016, 10:05 am

Programs: AA EXP >4 MM, Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by alastairloh
Im actually staying at holiday inn holiday inn rome eur parco dei medici, is it really that far away given that near a train station?

Im only going to the Sheraton for a conference that lasts an entire week
Holiday Inn has the same problem. And there is no one train that will take you to where you probably want to go to be in the tourist mix at either the Pantheon or Piazza Navona. You'd have to take two trains or trams, or a tram, then walk to a bus station, and take a bus, plus close to a half a mile walking. That's why it takes at least an hour. I don't know if the Holiday Inn has a shuttle like the Sheraton does, but having to take a shuttle is a deal breaker to me. They are a waste of time and only run for limited hours.

Depending on how intense your meetings at the Sheraton will be, and depending on whether or not you've ever been to Rome before, I'd stay in Rome and travel out to the Sheraton, rather than the other way around, unless your meetings will last into the evening and you'l have to hunker down in your hotel at night to do work for the next day. On the other hand, if your meetings begin at 9AM, are relaxed, and end at 4-5 (as is usually the case in Italy) and you have an opportunity and desire to explore Rome and to do things there, then staying in the city is and traveling out to the suburbs for business is better, at least for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.