Wiki Posts
Search

Marco Polo (VCE) to Venice

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2016, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Marco Polo (VCE) to Venice

Hi,

I'll be landing at VCE (Marco Polo airport) and would then need to arrive to either
- Sestiere San Polo - Riva de L Ogio
or
- Cannaregio

What would the suggested method of transport?
The airport website mentions a ferry, a shuttle bus (ACTV number 5), or a taxi.

Any estimates how much would a taxi cost from the AP to either destination?

Gracia mille
Old Jan 13, 2016, 7:25 am

A water taxi would be around €100. The Alilaguna www.alilaguna.it is a ferry at €15 per person; you can see if it has a stop convenient to where you're going.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Thanks.

When I mentioned a taxi I was thinking I could get a "normal" car taxi.

How's the airport shuttle bus option?

cheers
Old Jan 13, 2016, 9:39 am

The bus to Piazzale Roma plus a vaporetto to your destination isn't that appealing to me, but it's an option. You'd want to consider whether you want a pass for the vaporetti for the duration of your stay, with a single ride costing €7.50. Fares listed at http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/...are-tables.htm , and that site should be useful for much of what you want to know about Venice.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by mzzxx11
Thanks.

When I mentioned a taxi I was thinking I could get a "normal" car taxi.

How's the airport shuttle bus option?

cheers
There are no cars on the islands. The taxi is a water taxi (a boat). Consensus on this forum is to either take a water taxi (probably close to 100 euro, but worth it if there are multiple people in your party) that will drop you right at your hotel's dock, or the Alilaguna ferry that makes multiple stops and is around 15 euro per person.

Since I'm usually traveling as a family of 3 with luggage, the water taxi is a no-brainer for me.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Thanks heaps all for the info.

Cheers
Old Jan 15, 2016, 8:44 am

Last summer I took a shared water taxi from the airport to the city center. It is surely a much cheaper choice than a regular taxi, which is actually very expensive,

http://www.venetoinside.com/en/trans...rport-shuttle/
Old Jan 24, 2016, 11:33 pm

It's been 10 years since I did this, but it sounds like not much has changed, as it's still the #5 bus. I walked out of the airport to the #5 bus stop (ask where if you can't find it) and then took the vaporetto a stop or two, but as my hotel was in Cannaregio, I could have walked about 10-15 minutes to get to it directly. I do recommend getting the vaporetto pass, as although you will walk a lot and go all over the place, the vaporetto is good for getting you to further away spots for more exploration. And the furthest away spots are often the best, given how congested Venice can be around San Marco particularly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.