Venice

Old Jan 4, 2016, 8:20 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by obscure2k
Yes, I stayed there a few times. It is now http://boscolodeidogi.hotelinvenice.com and part of the Marriott Autograph collection.
The location is wonderful. Some of the rooms and suites are quite lovely and luxurious. This is a hotel in a great location with a beautiful garden and Boscolo managed to screw it up by changing what was a chic boutique hotel in to a corporate product. Management has been a disaster for at least ten years.
And the food is awFul. But there are good restaurants nearby
Old Jan 4, 2016, 8:29 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by manneca
And the food is awFul. But there are good restaurants nearby
Even the breakfast is terrible. To be fair, I haven't stayed there for several years but many of my friends who used to work there have told me that the hotel is a disaster. Not worth going there for Marriott points.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 11:38 pm
Original Poster

Specifically, I was looking at staying at : Hotel L'Orologio
The website mentions its near the Rialto Bridge.

Another option is the Arcadia Boutique Hotel, which in is in the "quarter of Cannaregio".

Would appreciate advice from the experts here which one to favour.

Thanks

Last edited by mzzxx11; Jan 5, 2016 at 12:33 am
Old Jan 6, 2016, 12:28 am
Original Poster

bump. anyone?
Old Jan 9, 2016, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

How is the Cannaregio - Rio Tera San Leonardo for staying at?

It's near the train station, which seems to be both a pro & a con.

Cheers
Old Jan 9, 2016, 2:11 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

I really think you should check out Hotel Ai Mori d'oriente in Cannaregio.
A much nicer area than the area around the train station and yet an easy walk there. www.morihotel.com
Old Jan 9, 2016, 5:11 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Yes, I stayed there a few times. It is now http://boscolodeidogi.hotelinvenice.com and part of the Marriott Autograph collection.
The location is wonderful. Some of the rooms and suites are quite lovely and luxurious. This is a hotel in a great location with a beautiful garden and Boscolo managed to screw it up by changing what was a chic boutique hotel in to a corporate product. Management has been a disaster for at least ten years.
I stayed there recently, so I can't compare against the previous incarnation. I thought the rooms were quite large. It still has a little bit of a boutique feeling to it, but you certainly know it's a Marriott property as well.

The location, however, is still wonderful.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 11:45 pm
Original Poster

I really think you should check out Hotel Ai Mori d'oriente in Cannaregio.
A much nicer area than the area around the train station and yet an easy walk there. www.morihotel.com
Thanks. I have already looked at their website - didn't like the room decor, too "hevay" for me with those massive drapes and floor carpets. I prefer the modern, clean, light design.

Cheers

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.