Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Taxi fare from Barbeini to La Rustica

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2015, 11:37 pm
Original Poster

Taxi fare from Barbeini to La Rustica

I'm checking online for an estimated taxi fare going from Barbeini metro station/via del Tritone to La Rustica, and it shows 20-30EUR. Is that reasonable or way off?

Cheers
Old Nov 17, 2015, 1:26 am

I guess you mean the Novotel. It is located by the GRA (a little more than 15 km from Piazza Barberini), so 30 Euro sounds right, considering the traffic. Hopefully the cabbie will not use Via Tiburtina, which last week was a disaster (2 hours to the Villa Adriana in the morning, 1 hour to get back from the Villa d'Este in the afternoon)
Old Nov 17, 2015, 1:39 am
JBD

Originally Posted by mzzxx11
I'm checking online for an estimated taxi fare going from Barbeini metro station/via del Tritone to La Rustica, and it shows 20-30EUR. Is that reasonable or way off?

Cheers
Sounds about right. Could be more. The hotel is beyond the GRA, about 15 km away from Piazza Barberini.

Here are details of Rome taxi rates:
http://www.060608.it/en/trasporti/mu...ero-unico.html

Is that where you chose to stay? At the Hotel Novotel Roma La Rustica?

Edited to add: I see while I was typing our Greek friend beat me to the punch!
Old Nov 17, 2015, 1:50 am
JBD

Originally Posted by KLouis
I guess you mean the Novotel. It is located by the GRA (a little more than 15 km from Piazza Barberini), so 30 Euro sounds right, considering the traffic. Hopefully the cabbie will not use Via Tiburtina, which last week was a disaster (2 hours to the Villa Adriana in the morning, 1 hour to get back from the Villa d'Este in the afternoon)
Aside from the traffic, sounds like a great day.

Have you ever eaten at Ristorante Sibilla? That's been on my list for years, but I've yet to check it out.

http://www.ristorantesibilla.com/en/home-en/
Old Nov 17, 2015, 1:51 am
Original Poster

Thanks for prompt replies.

Staying near Spagna, need to attend a meeting at N. La rustica.

Cheers

Last edited by mzzxx11; Nov 17, 2015 at 2:22 am
Old Nov 17, 2015, 9:01 am

Thanks for prompt replies.

Staying near Spagna, need to attend a meeting at N. La rustica.

Cheers
Careful! The Tiburtina becomes a one-lane road shortly after the cemetery due to works. It may take very long to drive through there. Ask the cab driver to take either the Nomentana or the Tuscolana or the A24 (I hope I'm not wrong with the number).
Old Nov 17, 2015, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by JBD
Aside from the traffic, sounds like a great day.

Have you ever eaten at Ristorante Sibilla? That's been on my list for years, but I've yet to check it out.

http://www.ristorantesibilla.com/en/home-en/
Wonderful weather and, for the first of the 3-4 times I visited Villa d'Este, the water was on. Before that, the Villa Adriana (I'm just amazed every time I visit. And the next day Ostia Antica and then the port of Fiumicino at the time when the fishing boats were coming back. Unfortunately I no longer live in Italy, so I was left with just looking at them...

PS No, sorry, haven't eaten at the Sibilla.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 11:30 am
JBD

...Staying near Spagna...
Really? That's all we get? After all the questions you asked, and all the suggestions you were given - inquiring minds are curious what hotel you chose
Old Nov 17, 2015, 11:39 am
JBD

Wonderful weather and, for the first of the 3-4 times I visited Villa d'Este, the water was on. Before that, the Villa Adriana (I'm just amazed every time I visit. And the next day Ostia Antica and then the port of Fiumicino at the time when the fishing boats were coming back. Unfortunately I no longer live in Italy, so I was left with just looking at them...

PS No, sorry, haven't eaten at the Sibilla.
Thanks for the reply. Sounds like a great trip.

Re Villa Adriana, have you seen the digital recreations? They're pretty cool:

Last edited by JBD; Nov 17, 2015 at 11:51 am
Old Nov 17, 2015, 11:56 am
JBD

Careful! The Tiburtina becomes a one-lane road shortly after the cemetery due to works. It may take very long to drive through there. Ask the cab driver to take either the Nomentana or the Tuscolana or the A24 (I hope I'm not wrong with the number).
To avoid traffic/save time, would it make sense for mzzxx11 to take the Metro B line all the way to the end at Rebibbia? And then cab it from there to the Novotel?
Old Nov 17, 2015, 12:14 pm
JBD

Strike that last comment. From the hotel's website it says:

"Easy access from Termini station on Metro Line B to Tiburtina, FR2 train to La Rustica UIR (times www.fsnews.it/cms-file/allegati/fsnews/FR2A1.pdf), the Novotel hotel is a 5-minute walk away."

Now the question is whether the above route would save time and avoid traffic versus taking a cab from Piazza Barberini?
Old Nov 17, 2015, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by JBD
Strike that last comment. From the hotel's website it says:

"Easy access from Termini station on Metro Line B to Tiburtina, FR2 train to La Rustica UIR (times www.fsnews.it/cms-file/allegati/fsnews/FR2A1.pdf), the Novotel hotel is a 5-minute walk away."

Now the question is whether the above route would save time and avoid traffic versus taking a cab from Piazza Barberini?
This may indeed be faster as it's ~20 min. from Tiburtina to La Rustica, plus wait for the train, plus the metro leg. If the OP has to go there early (around 7 am), I even saw at the schedule that there are even a few trains from Termini! My drive out was a sheer "nightmare" because nothing was moving.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JBD
Really? That's all we get? After all the questions you asked, and all the suggestions you were given - inquiring minds are curious what hotel you chose
Well you're bending my arms so no choice but to disclose: Stendhal luxury suites on via del Tritone/Barbeini. It got very good reviews on TA and seems to be located in a quiet spot.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 11:39 am
Original Poster

OK so what's the final verdict on the cabi route? to metro or not to metro?

Personally I'd prefer to hop on a cab straight from Barbeini to La Rustica.

Cheers
Old Nov 18, 2015, 7:44 pm

OK so what's the final verdict on the cabi route? to metro or not to metro?

Personally I'd prefer to hop on a cab straight from Barbeini to La Rustica.

Cheers
The final verdict is yours, we only warned you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.