Taxi fare from Barbeini to La Rustica

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Taxi fare from Barbeini to La Rustica

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2015, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by mzzxx11
Well you're bending my arms so no choice but to disclose: Stendhal luxury suites on via del Tritone/Barbeini. It got very good reviews on TA and seems to be located in a quiet spot.
Via del Tritone a quiet spot? Right next to Piazza BarbeRini a quiet spot? One can see that you're a Rome newbie. I hope they do have double (or should I say triple) gas windows...

PS Apologies for being sarcastic, but the via del Tritone is one of the major bus (uphill) thoroughfares, and your hotel is very close to one of the most used bus stops due to the fact that the Fontana di Trevi is around then corner.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 11:27 pm
Original Poster

Tnx for the inputs.

I understand the location is central but the "stendhal dependance" extension is tucked in some side street based on TA reviews. It's not the main stendhal hotel but a newer upsacle offshot located nearby.

Cheers
Old Nov 19, 2015, 1:11 am
JBD

Well you're bending my arms so no choice but to disclose: Stendhal luxury suites on via del Tritone/Barbeini. It got very good reviews on TA and seems to be located in a quiet spot.
Tnx for the inputs.

I understand the location is central but the "stendhal dependance" extension is tucked in some side street based on TA reviews. It's not the main stendhal hotel but a newer upsacle offshot located nearby.

Cheers
I looked this up - yeah, TA has good reviews, but only 16 of them because the place is new.

As KLouis said, Via del Tritone is a major street, and the "side" street in question is Via Sistina. This also receives a great deal of traffic.

According to TA it's on Via Sistina, 4. Here's google's streetview of Via Sistina, and you can see on your right the brown door for number 4: https://goo.gl/maps/A5F4B3J6V1F2
And straight ahead you can see Via del Tritone. Just bringing this to your attention so you won't expect a quiet place "tucked in some side street".

If noise is still a concern of yours, I'd ask for a room not facing the street.

More fyi: you can't really tell from the street views, but Via Sistina is a steep street leading up to the top of the Spanish Steps (and before that, the Intercontinental and Hassler). And as mentioned Via del Tritone is steep. Meaning, you'll be walking down to the Pantheon/Piazza Navona/Colosseum/Forum - and walking up the hill to get back to your room. Or you can walk up Via Sistina, and then descend the Spanish Steps and from there you'll be on level ground to reach the above mentioned sites.

Last edited by JBD; Nov 19, 2015 at 2:22 am Reason: fixed the link
Old Nov 19, 2015, 1:37 am
JBD

I've been playing around with google streetview, and this link shows the view as if you were in P.za Barberini, with Via del Tritone the street on the left, and Via Sistina the street on the right, and a triangular pointed building in the middle: https://goo.gl/maps/SrqVARJKcTu

On that link you can just make out the main Stendahl hotel on Via del Tritone - you can see the flags over its door. And on Via Sistina you can also just make out the brown door that leads to your annex. So the annex is more around the corner than tucked into a side street.

But more importantly, check out that intersection, and keep in mind that buses, trucks, cars, VESPAS, police cars, etc, will be traversing these streets. If you had a room facing the street you'd be in the midst of it all.

Edited to add: here's the same pov, but zoomed in, so you can hopefully see what I was referring to. The Hotel Stendahl is on the left side of the picture, and its facade is pinkish. And it has flags over its door. That's Via del Tritone, 113. Then on the right side of the picture, around the corner of that pointed building, you should see the brown door of Via Sistina, 4 leading to your annex:
https://goo.gl/maps/efbZkBTywqF2

Last edited by JBD; Nov 19, 2015 at 1:55 am Reason: added a link
Old Nov 19, 2015, 3:16 am
Original Poster

tnx heaps for the extra info. Well, I have requested a quiet room during the booking and hopefully will actually get one.

Regarding the uphill issue-I don't mind a bit of legwork and it's not like I'm scaling the Everest so shouldn't be too much of an issue. But tnx for the heads up warning.

cheers
Old Nov 19, 2015, 6:36 am

tnx heaps for the extra info. Well, I have requested a quiet room during the booking and hopefully will actually get one.

Regarding the uphill issue-I don't mind a bit of legwork and it's not like I'm scaling the Everest so shouldn't be too much of an issue. But tnx for the heads up warning.

cheers
Now, I am fully aware of the fact that I am becoming sadistic. Just play that 9 seconds long
; you don't have to watch it, just listen to it. This is what you hear 24/7 from every ambulance in Rome. This, along with punterelle, tonarelli caccio e peppe, and Totti are the most typical Roman features. My guess is that ambulances have their sirens on even when being serviced in a garage. I lived 2 km from a 1000-bed hospital for the last 3.5 years and my office faced its emergency department in a central Italian city and I would not hear more than 5 ambulances a day. But I spent 45 days and nights on the 6th floor of a 15th century palazzo (double windows, 1 metre thick walls) in the ghetto (one of the quietest areas in the centro storico because it's "far" from thoroughfares) a few years back, I'm deaf on one ear and I would still wake up in the night because of that noise. I was able to fall back to sleep immediately, so no big harm. The problem was that, upon my return to Crete, I was missing it and I'd stay awake waiting for an ambulance that would never show up. At any rate, you'll hear quite a bit of that at via del Tritone. Don't ask for double windows, ask for triple ones. And let us know, when back home: a) how you got to La Rustica and back, b) how the hotel was noise-wise and c) where did your students finish up living?

PS Even more sadistic: I hope the sanpietrini won't bother you at night when the cars go fast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.