Search

Droping off rental car at Roma Termini

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2015, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Droping off rental car at Roma Termini

Picking up a rental at FCo and dropping off at Termini (no, not planning to drive in Rome otherwise). Just wondering if the station is in the ZTL or is there any particular route to get it there. Does anyone know which street the Hertz parking area (if any) is?
Old Nov 3, 2015, 8:59 am

Programs: AA EXP >4 MM, Lifetime Plat
I hope you're not just picking up a car at FCO and dropping it off at Termini, and that there are some out of the way places you'll be visiting in between.

The ZTL in Rome changes depending on the day of the week and the time of day. The area around Termini is just outside of the Centro Storico ZTL. If you get a map you can see that you can approach it from the south. There are red lights that indicate that you are about to enter the ZTL so that if you are attentive you can avoid a ticket. Get directions at FCO when you pick up. Don't expect the people at Hertz Termini to be helpful to you at all. They are so bad that some people drop the car off at a peripheral location and take the Metro in so they can avoid them. All Termini rental car drop offs are at the same place, a a garage right next to the infamous Radisson Blu Hotel.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 7:31 am

The route to the garage is a bizarre maze of one-way streets. For a central location, I would use via Sardegna instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.