Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Galleria Borghese in Rome

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2015, 2:30 am
Original Poster

Galleria Borghese in Rome

Because this museum is fairly small, it might be easy to overlook what was, for me, a major highlight of my time in Rome. I have posted some pictures of the treasures I saw here: https://polloplayer.wordpress.com/2015/10/03/the-delights-of-the-galleria-borghese/

Things to know before visiting:

1. You must purchase tickets in advance
2. Allow time before or after your visit for a stroll in the lovely Borghese gardens.
3. When you arrive, you need to present your voucher to exchange for an actual ticket. We wasted a lot of time standing in line only to discover we had to return to the front and hand in our voucher there.
4. They will make you check even the smallest purse, so, if possible, leave yours behind and save standing in another line.
5. Lots of stairs. We missed the amazing paintings on the top floor because another long flight of stairs was too daunting for my bad back. It turns out that there is an elevator somewhere but we didn't see it and helpful employees were nowhere to be found. Now that you know this you won't miss out like I did.
6. I would fly to Rome again just to tour this museum. Hope you will, too!
Old Oct 30, 2015, 6:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Good stuff; thanks for posting it. Unless things have changed you cannot take pictures in the museum...none at all.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 8:22 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
I went there a couple of years ago just to see the statue of Pluto and Prosperina by Bernini. So amazing how it was sculpted. There were many people who didn't know to purchase their tickets in advance, so many left disappointed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.