Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Lounge on arrival FCO before domestic departure to Brindisi

Old Oct 2, 2015, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

We are traveling reward seats Business class JFK-FCO on Alitalia then have purchased separate Y tkts to Brindisi. Connection time is over four hours. Will we be able to use an Alitalia lounge on arrival and if so, in which terminal? If not, is there an option for Priority Pass or Amex Plat? I've looked through threads but didn't find a similar scenario. Many thanks.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 10:55 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by pstoecker
We are traveling reward seats Business class JFK-FCO on Alitalia then have purchased separate Y tkts to Brindisi. Connection time is over four hours. Will we be able to use an Alitalia lounge on arrival and if so, in which terminal? If not, is there an option for Priority Pass or Amex Plat? I've looked through threads but didn't find a similar scenario. Many thanks.
Regarding Priority Pass, there are only two lounges at FCO that accept this card and they are both in T3. (AZ domestic flights leave from T1 and there would be no chance of getting into either of the T3 lounges on arrival.)
Old Oct 13, 2015, 2:06 pm

But a transit passenger from New York (after clearing security) will be in T3 until they clear immigration; couldn't they go to the Lounge first and then move to T1?
Old Oct 14, 2015, 9:23 am

To my knowledge there isn't a lounge in the arrivals area of T3. When you land in T3, they bus you to the arrivals hall, you don't disembark right into the main terminal area. You basically have the opportunity to pee, clear passport control, get your bags and walk through customs. At that point you're outside at the curb. I'm not sure if security would let you back through into T3 departures just to visit a lounge.

As best I can tell, there aren't any PP lounges in T1. However, you could try going to a T1 Alitalia lounge and asking if you can enter based on your arrival in business class and show them that boarding pass. No guarantees, but the lounge agent may let you in.

My information is stale, but the only lounge I know of at FCO T1 worth visiting is the Alitalia Dolce Vita lounge. It's landside. The lounge past security sucks. I'd say try this lounge and if they say no, just waste some time in the terminal - or re-check your bags and go outside for a walk (not that the airport is particularly scenic).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.