Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best award ticket from the Midwest?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2015, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

Best award ticket from the Midwest?

I've been collecting points for about a year and am new to using the points for tickets. If anyone has some advice on an award redemption, preferably business or first to Italy, I would really appreciate the suggestions.

The closest major airport is Omaha, NE. I have over 500k UR, 120k SPG, 250k MR, 75k avios, 500k Hilton, 300k IHG.

Thanks so much!
Old Sep 14, 2015, 2:23 pm

It would be good to know: what time of year, where in Italy, for how many people? Based on your screen name, don't expect to find five saver awards in Business.

Others know better than I about these reward programs. I note UR, which converts 1-1 to United: looks like a nice amount, but how many Business awards are you trying to get, and are you willing to get non-saver awards?

It's good to be flexible in your plans, go in non-peak season, and start searching when schedules open, 11 months in advance. United has options to Rome and Milan with one change at an East Coast hub; I'd think your best chance of going on miles would be in Economy to Milan.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 10:24 pm
Original Poster

Ideally it would be travel early Sept 2016 for 2 people. Thinking into Rome, out of Venice?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.