Wiki Posts
Search

TIM FCO Terminal 1 Hours?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2015, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz PC, Avis PC, Global Entry
TIM FCO Terminal 1 Hours?

Traveling on LH to FCO on a Saturday afternoon flight from FRA, arriving at T3 (so I'm told) at 5:25p with no bags checked. It appears as though I'll be able to walk to T1 airside since I'm coming from a Schengen country. If all that checks out, I'm still not sure if I arrive early enough for the TIM store (located at the beginning of the B gates) to be open (I bought the €30 expo special for my wife and I).

My concern is: if TIM is closed, no TIM stores that I know of in the Rome city center are open on Sunday, so I'm SOL until Monday, roaming with my garbage $25/100 MB global data plan from Verizon.

Any assistance would be much appreciated! Thank you.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by MumbaiFlyer
Traveling on LH to FCO on a Saturday afternoon flight from FRA, arriving at T3 (so I'm told) at 5:25p with no bags checked. It appears as though I'll be able to walk to T1 airside since I'm coming from a Schengen country. If all that checks out, I'm still not sure if I arrive early enough for the TIM store (located at the beginning of the B gates) to be open (I bought the €30 expo special for my wife and I).
From your arrival gate of a LH flight to the "beginning of the B gates" it shouldn't take you more than 10 minutes. So, stop worrying, no store at FCO closes o early in the afternoon.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 9:49 am

Programs: AA EXP >4 MM, Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by KLouis
From your arrival gate of a LH flight to the "beginning of the B gates" it shouldn't take you more than 10 minutes. So, stop worrying, no store at FCO closes o early in the afternoon.
Agree. Tim at FCO closes at 9PM.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 10:56 pm

Worst case, you will survive without data for a day. Download Here maps and grab Italy for offline use, and you'll have full offline navigation. It's Nokia's mapping app and it's great for when you might think you'll go somewhere without data service, since it supports offline nav. That'll get you to where you need to go, and you can plan your day in advance.

Since you're on Verizon, I should ask - is your phone a dual CDMA/GSM model, and is it SIM-unlocked?

The good news is you should make it to the TIM store with time.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 11:10 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all for your help!

I verified the phone is unlocked (came from the factory that way, as apparently have all for-use-on-Verizon iPhones, 5 and up) during a trip earlier this year in the UK where I did the same SIM swap but with the carrier 3.

Nice to know the Rome airport shops don't keep the same hours as the ones in the city itself!
Old Aug 17, 2015, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by MumbaiFlyer
...Nice to know the Rome airport shops don't keep the same hours as the ones in the city itself!
Somehow you seem to be confusing Rome with a small provincial city in Germany. Not a single store in Rome closes before 8 pm, many of them, though, are closed from 1 pm to 4 pm, even on Saturday afternoon! Is this perhaps what's causing your confusion?
Old Aug 17, 2015, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Well every Vodafone and Hertz location closes before 8 on Saturday, but you've certainly made your point. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.