Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Butcher/Wholesaler with delivery service in Arezzo

Old Jul 3, 2015, 4:20 am
Original Poster

I am looking for butcher or wholesaler who delivers nice cuts of meat to a private property in Arezzo, tuscany.

Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 12:00 pm

Programs: EX-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Can someone change the title and add Arezzo...

There are enough butchers in this zone. Some of them do " servizio sul domicile ".
Old Jul 3, 2015, 2:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP >4 MM, Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by BorussiaMG
I am looking for butcher or wholesaler who delivers nice cuts of meat to a private property in Arezzo, tuscany.

Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.
Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb

There are enough butchers in this zone. Some of them do " servizio sul domicile ".
A moderator really should add Arrezo to the title. Just saying Tuscany is like asking if someone knows a butcher who will deliver meat in Virginia, so you might not get many responders.

It depends on the size of your order. If it's big enough a butcher in Florence will drive the one hour to bring it to Arezzo.

For "nice cuts," like many regions in Italy where a food or wine is known for its quality, they protect it, and have a strict certification and inspection process, like they do for traditional balsamic vinegar in Modena, parmigiano-reggiano cheese in Parma, etc. They have a specific symbol.

For meat in Tuscany, to know you are getting the real thing look for a blue and yellow round symbol that says, indicazione geografica protetta, in the center of which is a circle of stars, within which there are lines that simulate the rolling hills of Tuscany. A good shop will have this, and it means they are frequently inspected, and sell quality, authentic product.

Here is a list of butchers in Arezzo. http://www.aziendit.com/ni/arezzo/macellerie.

As Forestbetrieb said, you can see that there are tons of butchers in this area, probably mostly certified, and if your order is large enough, all will deliver.

Google macelleria arezzo, click on them, and try to find their email, like this one, L'Antica Macelleria at http://www.lanticamacelleria.it/it/index.php

It has the yellow symbol on the upper right. It has the word contatti, which if you click, on will open up a page to send them an email. It has a button to switch to english. You must specify you want delivery in Arezzo because some of these places ship anywhere in the world and might think you wanted something shipped.

If the english button doesn't work just write, "Fai la consegna a domicilio? Mi puo rispondere in inglese?" You will get an answer in english. They will find someone who can speak english.

Here's another one to try: http://www.porcavacca.net/macelleria.html
And another: http://www.macelleriamartini-arezzo.com

Just google macelleria arezzo, and you'll get lots of places to try to email. But I'd stick to those with the symbol.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 3:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
Sorry for the confusion and thanks for changing the title.

Originally Posted by Perche
It depends on the size of your order. If it's big enough a butcher in Florence will drive the one hour to bring it to Arezzo.

For meat in Tuscany, to know you are getting the real thing look for a blue and yellow round symbol that says, indicazione geografica protetta, in the center of which is a circle of stars, within which there are lines that simulate the rolling hills of Tuscany. A good shop will have this, and it means they are frequently inspected, and sell quality, authentic product.
Very extensive post. Thank you very much.

I am quite busy today but will check your suggestions tomorrow.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.